Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Briefing: shows on map not on start?  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
Re:Briefing: shows on map not on start?
« Reply #15 on: 08 Mar 2005, 23:34:24 »
And ANOTHER two cents . . .

If you're happily editing away then you can check your various script changes via Preview (as we all know   :P ).

If you change the init.sqs or description.sqs though then you need to "Save" the mission again before they will take effect.  It seems that while you're in the editor OFP remembers the init and description settings, probably to speed up the preview.

roni

johan_d2

« Reply #16 on: 08 Mar 2005, 23:41:57 »
Hi,

Well all works well, exept for the demand of the pbo, who isnt used, at least I cant find it on the map.

In the mission.sqm, the pbo is only listed in the addon section, and doesnt come up furthermore.. heck I delete it and check.. BRB

Johan

EDIT: I get the swing of it.. lol.. examined the mission.sqs and found PCfire as a vehicle what was not shown on the map, changed to bas_barrelfire and voila! all going well now!

Anyhow, we learned a lot today!

Thanks for the efforts, and I have more , but will open a new topic for it.. grin,,
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2005, 00:03:19 by johan_d2 »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #17 on: 09 Mar 2005, 01:22:28 »
The best way to test the Overview is to cut and paste the misson folder into your Missions directory.   You can then examine and change it freely before saving the final version and cutting and pasting back into the users/yourname/missions directory.  

Copying (rather than cutting) and pasting is not good - you can get confused as to what is what if you have two versions of the missions extant.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

johan_d2

« Reply #18 on: 09 Mar 2005, 03:06:08 »
The best way to test the Overview is to cut and paste the misson folder into your Missions directory.   You can then examine and change it freely before saving the final version and cutting and pasting back into the users/yourname/missions directory.  

Copying (rather than cutting) and pasting is not good - you can get confused as to what is what if you have two versions of the missions extant.

Well, I am working in the mission folder only, learned a lot, got already a hand on scripting, and I didnt talk about the overview.. just the briefing.. :-)
And, now a problem with the end of an intro, but I hope I can fix it.. lol

Johan