Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Realism MOD  (Read 2841 times)

MOC_XIII

Realism MOD
« on: 28 Feb 2005, 23:49:01 »
I have an idea.

A realism mod that maket the dispersion of guns realistic, so that your not shot with the great aim of the AI.
Also, some vehicle changes, like starting noises, idle noises, breakdowns, overheats, etc.
Anyone want to start this?
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2005, 23:49:36 by MOC_XIII »

MOC_XIII

Re:Realism MOD
« Reply #1 on: 01 Mar 2005, 00:06:08 »
Oh yeah.

You would also be able to take ANYONE (even frendlies) hostage and use the environment.
Examples:
Throw the guy
Make guy talk
Throw into things that would kill him (ow)
Shoot gun over shoulder at enemies
Shoot gun

Another idea is Boobytraps.
Ability to lay:
Tripwires
Land Mines
C4 Charges

Also:
Attach bomb to car (detonate manually or speed operated)
Hijack any vehicle (helos, jeeps, tanks, ships)
And the ability to swim without any addons.

And this (which is NOT possible, but it would be cool)
RAGDOLL PHYSICS
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2005, 00:07:37 by MOC_XIII »

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 01 Mar 2005, 02:41:41 »
Dispersion: JAM2 HD weapons/SEBNAM2 weapons/any older mods (I44, SEBNAM, WWIIec)
vehicle noises: do your own addon/add sounds to BIS vehicles

And your whole second post can be done through scripting. Some it requires more advanced stuff, but all doable. Except swimming without addons. Scripts for swimming would prolly be too CPU heavy... :P
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2005, 02:42:47 by GuiltyRoachKillar »

MOC_XIII

« Reply #3 on: 01 Mar 2005, 02:43:18 »
Ok. Would you like to help?
If so, email to
seal4@excel.net
and say what u wanna do.
Or send me a private message.

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2005, 03:18:45 »
Hi MOC

You can do at least two of those things really easily -

High Dispersion
Type the following into each units Init field -

this setdammage -1

(yes, it does have two 'n's !).  For some reason a negative damage setting on aunit makes the unit "wobble" and screws up its aim.  The higher the negative setting the worse its aim - try it on your own player unit and see what I mean !

Try a quick DIY mission with you as a civvie and two equal squads of East and West gunners facing off over an open field, with all combatants lumbered with the above penalty.

Lots of fun for a laugh !   :gunman:   :wave:

New Sounds
Type this into the units Init field

this addEventHandler ["shoot", "playsound {bang1.wav}"]

You will have to define your sound in the description.ext and import your own sound effect but now any time that unit fires it will play the new sound.  For extra realism you can run a script instead that checks which type of weapon is being fired and plays the new sound for each weapon (eg bang1.wav for HK, bang2.wav for M16 etc)

I've got a mission with Black ops that uses the M1 Carbine sound from Day of Defeat every time the unit fires its HK - it makes a nice light crack and actually makes the HK a fun weapon to use !

Just my two cents . . .

Roni

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 01 Mar 2005, 04:10:18 »
Hehehe...

I'm being recruited... :)

No recruiting here or mods will hit you with large blunt object. ;)

@my status? I have WAY to many things going right now to start something new. :P

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #6 on: 01 Mar 2005, 17:06:15 »
With the exception of being able to throw people, these sound like good ideas for OFP 2.
Also does anyone know when that is comming out?
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #7 on: 01 Mar 2005, 21:25:53 »
Last I heard it was Spring 06.

That's a LONG time between cool drinks . . .   :P  :'(

MOC_XIII

« Reply #8 on: 01 Mar 2005, 22:12:59 »
Its sometime in 06. Spring or Winter I think.  :-[

bored_onion

« Reply #9 on: 01 Mar 2005, 22:35:08 »
As for OFP2, Spring 2006 is the latest I've heard from the Intel Depot.

As for these upgrades, I believe there are people working to create these sorts of things in other threads on this board (one started by dmakatra springs to mind).

BTW - Have you tried ECP? - it is pretty good at realism improvements, mainlly graphics though.

Offline RujiK

• Members
  • KoKo Puh-Fizzles!
« Reply #10 on: 02 Mar 2005, 19:57:37 »
Spring 2006?! Man! They should be making the 3rd one by that time!
Hum bug... Well, I expect lots of addons then.
I like your approach, lets see your departure.
Download the New Flashlight Script!

nmanjar

« Reply #11 on: 03 Mar 2005, 02:43:37 »
          I wouldn't go start from scratch if that's what you're going to do, with so much already available, take what's the best & tie it together in one massive pack [dispersed in smaller packs ;)]

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #12 on: 09 Mar 2005, 23:33:32 »
Hmm.. I know this sounds cheap.. but the Y2K3 mod does almost everything mentioned here, and replaced BIS's soldiers, vehicles etc (Most of them), new sounds, good tracer scripts etc..
And you can play most misisons and the imporoments still work!
(The swimming happens when you eject out a plane/helo as a pilot over water.. With full combat gear, your closer to a rock, really)

On a slightly less releated matter, the PLA (or is it VME?) addon pack adds soldiers (Using both new and one set is BIS models) with, well, after playing online coop with a friend, "fairly scarey AI"..
For example, if they can't shot you, tanks will shell your location. They appered to destoy they're own vehicles if you kill all the people in it, if you shoot the gunner on a fixed gun (Say a anti-air gun), the command gets in as gunner etc... It is acctualy scarey :P (Even on a simple misison where you have to cross that bridge in Nogava...)

While using Y2K3 and PLA units flashpoint becomes even better (IMO, Gandalf agrees.. violently :P), and in a lot of respects more realistic..
Okay so the addons for that misison were over 500mb, but that's no the point..
Maybe you could join togeter some of the AI enchancement scripts, write others, modify them, make a "Apply to all soldiers on map" type thing (So it's very easy to use). And it would be very impressive :)

Probobaly better sleep now..
- Ben

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #13 on: 19 Mar 2005, 22:53:42 »
just thought everybody should know, about the rag doll physics

im working on an animation and script whick may help men
not look like cardboard when the fly, its just an animation thats played everytime a man is in the air, it looks a lot like the animation from Halo for xbox if sombody blows up by grenade

Offline Fragorl

• Coding Team
  • Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: 20 Mar 2005, 06:02:23 »
EDIT
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2005, 06:15:33 by Fragorl »

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #15 on: 30 Mar 2005, 01:50:52 »
ok, ive done it, its not perfect as i still have to make the scripts but it works, try the demo mission.

when you throw a grenade at the guy he goes all rag doll, and flys through the air.

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=22533;start=15;boardseen=1

tell me what you think

Offline Fragorl

• Coding Team
  • Former Staff
« Reply #16 on: 30 Mar 2005, 06:22:51 »
Well, that's very good. Only couple problems, namely that there is a sort of delay between death and when the anim kicks in; also the direction of flight is off sometimes. Also, the bodies themselves cannot be ragdolled more than once - ie they're cardboard again once they're killed.

edit: I also tried putting a unit on a tower, but it looks like the animation finishes at the same height it starts at. I wonder if there is any way around this.

BUT- having said that, the animation is excellent ;D
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2005, 06:26:13 by Fragorl »

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #17 on: 30 Mar 2005, 07:46:47 »
Well, that's very good. Only couple problems, . . . the bodies themselves cannot be ragdolled more than once - ie they're cardboard again once they're killed.

Rigor mortis ?   :D

roni

Offline supershooter

• Members
  • 2+2=4
« Reply #18 on: 30 Mar 2005, 15:02:37 »
pretty good, except the body is stuffed up afterwards and it goes pretty fast. Still good. Lots of potential, could have guys getting shot in the face and flopping backwards lol

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #19 on: 01 Apr 2005, 01:43:24 »
ya i was planing on that, but it will improve, that was the first anim I ever made.  Huge thanks to Lean bear for fixing my config,

1. the delay: thats because i was using triggers, im planning on a script which runs faster,  A trigg goes every .5 secs and a script can go thousands of times faster.

2. The direction of flight looks ok, it depends where you throw the grenade, the script will fix that if its a problem.

3.bodies can only be rag dolled once: the script will fix that as well, its because im using West is not detected triggers so they can only go once.

4.the height problem: I will fix that by making a second anim that is just the flailing and if the script finds the body is still airborn by the end of the first anim it will continuosly loop the second anim untill the body hits the ground.

5. the body being stuffed up is fixed: just go back to the link and there is one more post added with a new D/L.
also its suposed to be a little distorted, a body 2 ft away from a exploding nade is going to get mangled.

6. shot in the face: ya ive got more like that, but right now im mostly working on spasm anims, IE: If sombody gets shot in the stomach they will fall on the ground then spasm around as the nervos system goes crazy. also wreathing in pain anims, where the knee and lower is folded into the thigh so it looks like the leg is blown off, and then the hands are holding the stump and hes rolling around, like in Saving private ryan. some others too.

thanks for showing intrest, If sombody could help me with the script for the rag doll, as i have no idea how to get the nearest explosion to the guy and that kind of thing.

thanks