Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: idea 4 bomber  (Read 1481 times)

MOC_XIII

idea 4 bomber
« on: 28 Feb 2005, 04:49:30 »
Anyone here an expert addon maker?
I have an idea. Someone could make a B-17 FLying Fortress and have multiple MG's (pod gun, right gun, left gun, dorsal gun] with the use of scripts. Anyone wanna try it????
:gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman: :gunman:
Fire at will.
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2005, 04:50:29 by MOC_XIII »

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
Re:idea 4 bomber
« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2005, 08:54:06 »
Hang on there, don't shoot this down too quickly.  ;)

Look at this

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=3923

The project got cancelled, (cos AiA broke up), but it does say they were experimenting with turrets on a bomber.  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

MOC_XIII

« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2005, 23:30:48 »
I HAVE AN IDEA I HAVE AN IDEA
I have a hunch.
What if we made the turrets SEPERATE models from the bomber frame and used an advanced MGCARRY script and put them in place. So instead of "Get in B-17 as Gunner" it will be "Get in Pod Gun as Gunner".
Anyone know how to do this?

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2005, 00:45:20 »
I HAVE AN IDEA I HAVE AN IDEA
I have a hunch.
What if we made the turrets SEPERATE models from the bomber frame and used an advanced MGCARRY script and put them in place. So instead of "Get in B-17 as Gunner" it will be "Get in Pod Gun as Gunner".
Anyone know how to do this?
thats still impossible :(

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 01 Mar 2005, 02:27:27 »
Can't be done...well enough. You cannot set the pitch and bank of multiple turrets, only the rotation. So once your plane dives, turns, or anything you'll get some nasty clipping and pushy objects. :P

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 01 Mar 2005, 08:59:48 »
I remember having a topic like this before, about MG's on tanks. Everyone was saying it was impossible because of pitch etc (which I thought it was) :P

BUT, physic productions came up with this somehow.

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/sa8gecko/M1A1_turret.rar

Now I realise the pitch and bank etc are much higher on a plane than they are on a boat or tank, but a tank has more 'movement' than a boat, and this one looks real good. Try it and see.  ;)

RAAB

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #7 on: 01 Mar 2005, 20:39:11 »
the trick used on the tank would not work on airplanes

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: 01 Mar 2005, 21:18:56 »
Buger. :(

So the problem is that when the main vehicle went up and down, the secondry guns would stay in the same place?
What if the guns were invisible? So the plane was AI use only? Could anyone tell the difference?
Or would the guns constantly stay at the same height, and not follow the plane down after a while?  ???

I'm just shooting at flys here.  ;)

The truth is, I would want to see a B-17 in flashpoint alot. If the plane was put in safe mode, and it was on 'flyinheight 1000' or whatever, would the problem be so bad?

As I said, just shooting at flys  8)
RAAB

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #9 on: 01 Mar 2005, 21:34:35 »
Pitch on tank MG turrets is only possible due to the pitch of the ground, (tanks follow the pitch of the ground, so do the turrets), for planes its not possible, even the tank MG turrets don't work too well (especialy if the tank gets airborn for a bit). Planes will never have multiple turrets in OFP 1, sorry.

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: 01 Mar 2005, 21:48:09 »
Ah well. Just an idea. ;D
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2005, 21:48:46 by greg147 »
RAAB