Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: minigun soldier for bunkerpack 5  (Read 4639 times)

Chris IX

minigun soldier for bunkerpack 5
« on: 03 Oct 2002, 00:37:18 »
I downloaded bunkerpack 5 with a minigun.
Would somebody please do me the favour of telling me what the script's name for it is (i mean as in "addweaponcargp ["name",1] ), or be really nice and actually create a soldier to carry him.
Thanks

Skaven

Re:minigun soldier for bunkerpack 5
« Reply #1 on: 03 Oct 2002, 10:28:57 »
There is already a soldier provided in the addon carrying the weapon, take a look at the Resistance Side if you downloaded the latest version, if not than it's on the west side (don't ask me why he changed the side from version to version  ??? ), it should be a Soldier (M134), also in case you wanna give the weapon to another soldier than the name of the weapon if I'm not mistaken is hh_minigun and the mags are also hh_minigun.

Cheers  ;)

Offline Davies1

• Members
  • Bugger this for a game of soldiers!
« Reply #2 on: 03 Oct 2002, 15:11:41 »
cheers loads skaven :D

I got that and was doing a bit of a blain frome Predator but not even the author let me know what it was ingame :D

And although this is a site dedicated to realism its a fun d/l to have all the same.
Beer is the fuel for the Heavy Metal Engine.

Skaven

« Reply #3 on: 03 Oct 2002, 16:17:49 »
The Gatling is a real weapon, but a soldier hodling it and running with it, well it seems a little bit unreal to me  ;D
Nevertheless and just between us  ;D, I've equiped the Gatling with some changes in the config cpp file, to my new Mercenary Army  ;)

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #4 on: 03 Oct 2002, 22:08:46 »
The Gatling is a real weapon, but a soldier hodling it and running with it, well it seems a little bit unreal to me  ;D

This was actually in testing with the US Marines, but they dropped it due to its excess weight (pun intended ;))

It was binned because it was unfeasable to have a bloke running around with several 100lb of gun and batteries, and to have annother bloke with several 100lb of ammo.

In trials, when fire support was called for, it often didn't arrive until after it was needed, cos it was so bloomin heavy, the poor buggers who had to carry it had to stop frequently to rest.

So the Joint Chiefs of Staff made a good decision for once and binned the whole project.

There you go.

Cheers

Chris IX

« Reply #5 on: 03 Oct 2002, 22:21:25 »
thanks very much
wow, that's sweet

chefd261

« Reply #6 on: 03 Oct 2002, 23:52:02 »
yes indeed it is a real wapon in fact the GE M-134 man portable gatling system is also a very rare system.in fact I think that there are only two remaining.there is currently under development "acording to web articles" a .22 cal version to.just a little more info for you.I also have been waiting a looooong time for this addon"still don't know what
I am going to use it for though"

sincerly the Chef

EX_GRUNT

« Reply #7 on: 04 Oct 2002, 02:55:09 »
Put the darn thing on a tripod and lets rock-n-roll :gunman:
only prob is...it burns through more ammo then my sister burns through boyfriends. I must say that it is the most impressive "small weapon" I've seen in ofp for some time.

...........grunt........................................

Blade

« Reply #8 on: 04 Oct 2002, 15:36:21 »
where was this mod downloaded

EX_GRUNT

« Reply #9 on: 05 Oct 2002, 03:06:18 »
Right here at........................

http://www.fortress-ofp.com
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2002, 03:06:52 by EX_GRUNT »

imemyself

« Reply #10 on: 05 Oct 2002, 03:51:01 »
I think a good idea for a IFV (in real life)would be to have a minigun on it and/or have a GAU-8 Avenger mounted on it.  The GAU-8 is the kick ass 30mm gun on the A-10

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 05 Oct 2002, 05:49:15 »
Unfortunately, the GAU-8A Avenger would not be a feasible size weapon to mount on an IFV.

The weight of fire from the GAU-8A is enough to stall the multi-ton A-10 if fired for more than 3-4 seconds, so you can imagine an IFV trying to keep pointing in the right direction while firing bursts... ;)

Also, the size of the weapon itself would not permit turret mounting, while also eliminating the IFV's troop carrying abilities and having to use fitted stabilisers to be deployed before firing (again, the "taking too long to setup" factor).

There are also several other factors involved, which I will only cover if required (related to the weapons main purpose, intended targets, type of vehicle its mounted on, etc).

So while it would certainly be impressive, its a little too large a calibre and impractical for an IFV.

Maybe as a permanent system built into a bunker, but when it comes to vehicle mounts, not on anything other than an A-10 I'm afraid. :)
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

ZIKAN

« Reply #12 on: 05 Oct 2002, 09:01:18 »
Whats the gat on the Vulcan then? is that something completely different then?  :P

Eviscerator

« Reply #13 on: 05 Oct 2002, 10:15:29 »
i think the gatling gun on the vulcan is the 20mm M61A1, the GAU-8b is a 30mm gun so im guessing the extra caliber makes a lot of difference, also mounting an m134 on an IFV wouldnt be very effective, the 7.62 rounds would hardly scratch the paint of enemy tanks/ifv's

Stalker

« Reply #14 on: 05 Oct 2002, 11:19:22 »
The real Gatling was not used in real life because of his characteristics: fires 3kg of bullets in a minute and weights 30-40 kgs. Also his shells can kill a men when flying away from the gun :)

Eviscerator

« Reply #15 on: 05 Oct 2002, 11:47:04 »
are you saying the m134 isnt used in real life? its used a hell of a lot in real life, mainly as aircraft armaments (both helicopter and fixed wing), not as a foot soldier weapon though

Stalker

« Reply #16 on: 05 Oct 2002, 12:10:29 »
Yes I'm saying that it was not used in the real life like a weapon for the soldier (neighet mounted nor hand holded). But it was used on the vehicles.

LimeCordial

« Reply #17 on: 05 Oct 2002, 15:42:59 »
can someone make a tripod for that minigun and have it as a static weapon like the .50 cal?

Baphomet

« Reply #18 on: 05 Oct 2002, 16:31:07 »

Did anyone see that crummy movie called Deep Rising? The one with the giant octopus beast that attacks that cruise ship of wealthy people? The pirates in that movie had a small gatling gun that was more or less in an assault rifle configuration. As I recall they said it was chinese made. Is that a real gun or was it just made for the movie itself?

Chris IX

« Reply #19 on: 06 Oct 2002, 00:56:19 »
hmm i dont remember that part

EX_GRUNT

« Reply #20 on: 06 Oct 2002, 01:52:49 »
Hey Lime, How they hangin?

Your idea is what I asked about, a few threads above. I can hardley make my bed...an addon is out of the question! In real life you would have to have a lot of weight on that tri-pod
cause that sucker would have one "hell-of-a-kick". but since this aint real life....How about replacing the 50. on a CH-47
with this bad-boy. Anyone down for the challange?

......grunt :gunman:....................................  

imemyself

« Reply #21 on: 06 Oct 2002, 04:18:32 »
I was meant the M134 on an IFV for an anti-personnel weapon.

LimeCordial

« Reply #22 on: 06 Oct 2002, 14:07:31 »
yeah that'd be really good. and on the black hawk too. that'll be a great addon if someone can make it work.....

Eviscerator

« Reply #23 on: 06 Oct 2002, 14:20:28 »
there already is a UH-60 with m134....

LimeCordial

« Reply #24 on: 06 Oct 2002, 14:49:08 »
is there? does it have the actual model of the minigun or still with the .50 cal?

Eviscerator

« Reply #25 on: 06 Oct 2002, 14:52:41 »
actual model, check the beta testing forum here or ofp-zone.de

Chris IX

« Reply #26 on: 07 Oct 2002, 00:13:49 »
umm how do u stop it from sending you emails when there is a reply?
Not that you guys are boring or anything.

LimeCordial

« Reply #27 on: 07 Oct 2002, 18:41:20 »
choose 'notifications' at the top of the page and check the topics you don't want a reply from.

Chris IX

« Reply #28 on: 07 Oct 2002, 20:29:41 »
thnx
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2002, 20:32:14 by Chris IX »

Vyper

« Reply #29 on: 07 Oct 2002, 21:42:31 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

imemyself

« Reply #30 on: 07 Oct 2002, 23:58:19 »
Yeh, i guess it would be too big for a IFV.