Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Floating M2a2  (Read 1289 times)

Offline ryankaplan

• Members
  • yeah...
Floating M2a2
« on: 13 Feb 2005, 14:43:03 »
has anyone made one yet? M113s aren't much of a match against bmps... I checked the config file of Ash's Realistic IFvs addon and the reason m2a2 doesn't float is because it is of "bradley" class while M113 is "m113" class. When i changed the m2a2 class to m113, it would float but now the commander position wouldn't work and the driver and gunner would float under the APC. I supppose the only way to make one would be to create a brand new class under APC or something?

It would be quite useful, especially when m2a2s are landing and there are tanks around.
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2005, 14:43:52 by ryankaplan »

Offline ryankaplan

• Members
  • yeah...
Re:Floating M2a2
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2005, 19:09:25 »
are you telling me that no one has thought about reconfiguring the m2a2 so it floats on water? come'on now. a skilled guy could start and finish it in about 30 minutes probably.

Offline Infierie Blou

• Members
  • Keep your friends close but your enemies closer
« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2005, 19:12:23 »
Here's the line of config you want (I think)
Code: [Select]
      canFloat=true;
add this to your m2a2 config as it's based for the "bradley" it will make it float as a tank.

Coldfire

« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2005, 19:29:22 »
Um... last I checked Bradley IFVs are NOT amphibious  :hmm:... A little unrealistic to make one float...

Offline Infierie Blou

• Members
  • Keep your friends close but your enemies closer
« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2005, 19:31:17 »
hmm guessed so well... :tomato:

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2005, 19:47:07 »
well i made it anyway, took about 5 minutes including testing ingame ;D

will be under west-armored-Bradley (F)

GI-YO

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2005, 20:18:31 »
Just a quick note to say that M2A2's can float. I have a squadron/signals book on them has loadsa pics and stuff and I quote from there

"The Bradley had a limited amphibious capability for crossing streams and rivers but cannot be used in open water (such as the ocean or a choppy lake). For river crossings the crew erects a swim barrier which is stored in the hull along the sides, rear and front."

Have to remeber these things were designed for fighting the commies in europe, which is quite wet.

GI-YO

bigdog632

« Reply #7 on: 13 Feb 2005, 20:22:45 »
didnt the combat bradley pack or CBT or whatever float
i downloaded them and tried to suicide by water....only the darn thing wouldnt sink

Offline ryankaplan

• Members
  • yeah...
« Reply #8 on: 13 Feb 2005, 20:36:01 »
yeah, bradley's are amphibious. they couldn't cross an ocan but you can always have a LST behind the start point to stimulate that or something. thanks guys

Coldfire

« Reply #9 on: 14 Feb 2005, 20:05:25 »
Ok, my mistake i did a little background reading the origional Bradly IFVs couldn't float and even the newer ones have severe limitations to thier amphibious ability. Also remember that the Bradley's development was... rough, to say the least. So it's possible that the ability to float was added later.