Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Usable barracks?  (Read 1255 times)

Offline ACF

• Members
  • Llama?? Ain't that French for tanks?
Usable barracks?
« on: 18 Feb 2005, 14:35:38 »
Has anyone done a barrack block or similar that's a stationary, armoured (to an extent) vehicle, as opposed to a building, so it can hold a cargo of troops who will 'unload in combat'?  I believe it could save a hell of a lot of scripting in 'attack the base' scenarios?

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
Re:Usable barracks?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2005, 18:45:01 »
I think its possible. I saw once a command tent with beds in it, and if you told your men to 'get in' it, they would appear lying on the bunks. I don't see why this hasn't been done with proper barracks  ;)
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2005, 20:31:58 »
it would require no scripting at all actually :)
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2005, 20:32:42 by oyman »

Offline Infierie Blou

• Members
  • Keep your friends close but your enemies closer
« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2005, 21:03:58 »
hey sounds good I know how to do it but no free time. :(
If I would I could. :'(

In'fierie Blou.
 :gunman:
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2005, 21:04:55 by inblow »

Offline ACF

• Members
  • Llama?? Ain't that French for tanks?
« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2005, 02:33:38 »
Thanks for the interest so far. If it makes it any easier, I wasn't thinking of a building/vehicle that could be entered by the player, just a means of holding guard troops instead of having them standing around or having to teleport them in.

The vehicle basis would mean that waypoints could still be added for the cargo groups and the occupied barracks would be targeted - I thought armour class might be good so that it would be RPG'd etc but with enough armour to take several hits before being completely destroyed (by which time surviving cargo would have ejected)

I have a bit of a grasp of the config issues, but I'm pretty ignorant on the modelling side - all I can guess is that the barracks would need a door defined as the 'eject' point and maybe a crew so it 'reacts' to attack.  I don't think it would need to be 'sided' as that would be determined by its occupants.

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2005, 23:17:25 »
Well couldn't you modify that OFP barracks that is open and then make sure the other parts are accesible. Kinda like the MH47 by BAS, you could walk in it and all. :P

Just make sure it can't move. It'd be rather scary seeing a barracks moving down the road... :D