Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: switch trigger  (Read 381 times)

vrbanec

switch trigger
« on: 05 Feb 2005, 11:36:51 »
This is some of the basic stuff, but can anybody explain to me how what are all the purposes of switch trigger are? please, just tell me is there any turtorial about that? i got the idea i can use it to skip the waypoint and go to the next one, but i have problems going to next waypoint when i'm using it with areoplanes...?

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
Re:switch trigger
« Reply #1 on: 05 Feb 2005, 11:44:37 »
I am sure there are tutorials that include switch triggers.  What I know is this:
If you synchronise a switch trigger with a waypoint then when the trigger fires the groups that is following the waypoints will move directly to the waypoint after the one that is synchronised to the switch trigger.  (Note that this is different from synchronising a waypoint with an normal trigger).

It does sometimes do funny things for example if you synchronise a switch trigger with a guard waypoint for a group of vehicles then the guys in the vehicles will get out when they reach the waypoint.  As much as possible I try to synchronise switch triggers with Cycle waypoints.

Sorry I have no experience of using them with aircraft

I hope this helps
« Last Edit: 05 Feb 2005, 11:45:42 by THobson »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:switch trigger
« Reply #2 on: 05 Feb 2005, 14:40:15 »
Yes there is a specific tutorial in the Ed Depot and yes your basic understanding of what they do is correct.   Read general trigger tutorials too, they usually cover it at least in passing.

The Tutorial Mission has several examples of switch triggers in action.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play