Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A Compass  (Read 368 times)

ETA Gooch

A Compass
« on: 03 Feb 2005, 19:20:56 »
I was wondering if anyone knows or even seen a compass on the screen when you are playing. I know if you press the letter on the keyboard you will get it. But I wanted to have one in the lower or upper corner of the game while you are playing in multiplayer. And possibly modify it to show way points, like in call of duty. Anyone with info it would be greatly appreciated. ;D

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Re:A Compass
« Reply #1 on: 03 Feb 2005, 23:43:59 »
IF this can be accomplished, it will require somevery heavy scripting.

But dont forget, the Flashpoint and COD are totally different games.

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

ETA Gooch

« Reply #2 on: 04 Feb 2005, 00:27:39 »
I figured as much, but if u can see the compass when you press the "m" key why not have it placed on the actual shooting screen

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 04 Feb 2005, 03:36:11 »
You could make one with heavy scripting and dialogues, I suspect, but very much not worth the trouble since you can make it appear by pressing G on the keyboard, which you could probably tape down if you really wanted to.

Coinicentally I've just played Call of Duty - marvellous for light relief - and if you like that sort of thing then, well, I recommend you play Call of Duty.   Of course the compass there is entirely pointless, since instead of navigation you simply follow the spectacularly narrow corridor.    A little ironic really.    The MP maps are absolutely tiny, you don't need to play one for very long (well, more than one game to be fair) before knowing your way around it pretty well.

OFP doesn't have a compass on the screen because when you are shooting at somebody or reloading you cannot be looking at your compass.    And anyway you don't need to.   Compasses are delicate and valuable:  they are kept in secure pockets.    You have only two hands don't forget, and most of the time both are needed for your weapon.  
« Last Edit: 04 Feb 2005, 03:39:41 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 05 Feb 2005, 03:16:35 »
And to boot, using dialogs wouldn't help much, as your ability to move and interact is disabled when a dialog is on screen. :P

"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08