Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New Animation Ideas  (Read 4813 times)

ZIKAN

Re:New Animation Ideas
« Reply #15 on: 03 Oct 2002, 09:04:55 »
A swimming animation would be a welcome addition also  :thumbsup:

DeLiltMon

« Reply #16 on: 03 Oct 2002, 14:05:37 »
One that would be essential for British units would be a "make a brew" animation, where he takes out his hexi stove(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=718193582), lights it and brews a mug of tea  :D

Wolf

« Reply #17 on: 03 Oct 2002, 16:32:27 »
Along with a bored animation, you need one where a soldier is leaning against a wall, arms crossed and head down, like taking a unauthorized break.
lol

Scratchdat

« Reply #18 on: 03 Oct 2002, 18:46:50 »
I agree that swimming is definately needed. I mean, it would be really cool if in a black op mission on Nogova you could have the river in the middle of the island as a border, and then some black ops could swim accross.

Why are soldiers unable to swim in flashpoint anyway? BIS should have thought of it. Ah well, they did make a kick-arse game, so I'd better not knock em :-X.
« Last Edit: 03 Oct 2002, 18:47:59 by Scratchdat »

JFK

« Reply #19 on: 03 Oct 2002, 21:00:21 »
There are already some hand signals, its just they were never used in any of the campaignes, well, they work for me anyway, lol

they are
switchmove....
commandformation
commandengageatwill
commandfireatwill
commandstop
commandforward

they keep on repeating the signal, i havnt found a way to stop them yet  ???

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #20 on: 05 Oct 2002, 01:17:04 »
What would be cool is some annimations of People Flying in a Blast like say an RPG goes off by you and your thrown a few feet, I thought that was the coolest thing when I had a Grenade go off by me ant I actualy went into the Air, but survived! :D

Stalker

« Reply #21 on: 05 Oct 2002, 12:26:50 »
A killed soldier sitting near the wall should be OK.

Eviscerator

« Reply #22 on: 05 Oct 2002, 13:01:05 »
i think this new possibility will best help new vehicle/gun emplacement addons, as at the minute most of the crews have to conform to ofp's vehicles shapes/gun heights so this should help with that

Crassus

« Reply #23 on: 05 Oct 2002, 13:34:01 »
On my wish list are:
~lean left/right
~high crawl (soldier is on hand and knees)
~hand and arm signals
~seated shooting position (soldier has legs out; another sitting position for the MG

~probably only workable in the game engine, but as for the animations, different "throw grenade" anims, depending on how long you held the mouse down. (Hint: I'd love a grenade with a time delay.)

~Vehicle ramps raise/lower
~Bradley Fighting Vehicle's TOW launcher erects/lowers
~I would fix that darn BFV driver's hatch. (See how it's opened now, with its "melting" into the turret when opened?)

Eviscerator

« Reply #24 on: 05 Oct 2002, 14:01:40 »
most of these changes you are asking for would need changes to the engine, which p3dedit cant do, things like adding lean left/right cant be done, only existing animations can be replaced (if wanting to be used for running etc) you can probably make as many as you want and use the mission editor thing, but adding new things like a high crawl or hand signals that the player can induce with a key press is not possible

Schoeler

« Reply #25 on: 05 Oct 2002, 21:46:59 »
Yeah, thats what I was trying to explain, you can't add new keyboard commands so animations would only be possible inside scripts and using the switchMove and playMove commands.  Still, its a major breakthrough and animations for artillery and mortar crews would be possible.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #26 on: 05 Oct 2002, 23:23:10 »
Who reckons a new running anim would be good? With the weapon across the body, like, rather than the dafault "at-the-hip" anim. Since it'd replace the existing one, it could technically be done. I think this'd be much more realistic than the existing one, even if it'd look daft trying to fire. But then again, who fires on the move anyway? Not me, that's for certain.  ;D

So...? What does everyone think. A better kneeling stance with the pistols would be welcome, as well as a new "at ease" anim.

Oh, and I agree with Crassus, an option to open the doors on the Bradley, BMP's and M-113's would be most welcome. And, for the sake of pedantry, the doors on the UH-60 would be cool if they slid open and shut.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2002, 23:25:40 by Kooky »

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #27 on: 06 Oct 2002, 01:50:03 »
u can make ramps lower an raise in ofp. although the movemtn is restricted to 90 degrees.

as for new animations... hmmm

i would love to see a skydiving animation for proper HALO jumps...

but the fast rope animation is what has got my mouth watering. I really fancy making a mini BHD campaign (just the fun parts of the film) and fast rope would be cool.

dunno what else. Smoking sounds ok - but mos of these animations arent a great adition to ofp - but at least we have cracked the animation problem.

jeeze. I leave ofpec to get on with studies - come back to check up on the place and all this happens.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Spliff air

« Reply #28 on: 06 Oct 2002, 13:21:36 »
There arent enougth ways to die in ofp just about 6 and when u get blown up u should at least do a flip in the air

ZIKAN

« Reply #29 on: 06 Oct 2002, 13:30:30 »
A sleeping anim perhaps also, where a dude would be catching some zzzz lying on his back with his rifle lying next to him. I know there was a script for sleeping, but it just didnt look right in the game.