Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I need some Help!!!  (Read 1123 times)

NapalmJesus

I need some Help!!!
« on: 17 Jan 2005, 09:07:28 »
Hey

I have recently decided to finish an old campaign i thought up ages ago. But there is a problem i have forgotten all the ideas i had as i didn't write them down. The theme of the campaign is Chechnya, I wish to explore as deep as possible into the war in Chechnya and emulate it into OFP.

Of course with my own touches...

The Campaign is called Operation Gronzy, i have researched the actuall operation its just that i am stuck up for ideas as how to create it in OFP. So could anyone who has a good knowledge of the war in Chechnya give me some idea's.

Even random ideas!! I NEED IDEAS!!!!

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re:I need some Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2005, 13:59:34 »
Russian federation troops clearing a village, threatening civillians and killing innocents seems to be an obvious opening. What side did you intend the player to play. Chechenyan separatists or russian troops?
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jan 2005, 18:12:00 »
You could mirror any events that happened. You bombing some military building or something if a rebel, or what  nominesine said about troops clearing villages.

And if you've researched it (I haven't.... ::)) you could just recreate certain events. It can't be that hard, OFP is built on the idea. :P But the urban areas will be the toughest. :-\

NapalmJesus

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2005, 20:57:28 »
I was thinking of making from the point of view of the Russian's.

I wanted to do it from both sides of the conflict have 2 campaigns but that would be to hard, well not hard just to long to create. So i guess i am going to have an island with large urban centre's. Got any ideas?

Without the urban terrain i dont really have an authentic look or a realistic campaign, I might have to re-think....

Ade

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2005, 22:35:45 »
Try Cecenian Island...

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=islands&archiv=true&page=2

Sorry it's not a proper link, this is the only problem with flashpoint.cz. ::)

It's a big island and by a strange coincidence thelarge town in the screenshot is called Grozny.  Sadly it lags heavily because there are so many objects but if you have a fast PC it does look nice.

Ade

:)