Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: need help  (Read 4065 times)

Namo

Re:need help
« Reply #15 on: 04 Oct 2002, 17:33:08 »
Thx, I find that the tutorials really don't help me much with other things I wanna do for my missions.

I was looking also to see how I could make an intro, I know now it's pretty easy but it doesnt say how to add it and make the intro appear then game start for example, I will keep trying things out, but I am gonna make a kick arse mission soon enough.

:)

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #16 on: 04 Oct 2002, 17:57:22 »
 :D Well, some ppl make their intro's in the normal "mission" part of the editor;

(here's a quote from an ol.. a young ( ;) ) friend of mine) :
The trick to it is to place any unit (make one you will delete later if necessary)
DIRECTLY on top of a bush, or something that is easy to recognise when the map is clear.
Select everything (drag box with mouse). Put your mouse cursor directly over top of your unit,
and use CTRL + C  (copy)

Now bring up the intro section, find your bush.
Put the mouse cursor directly on it, and hit CTL + V. (paste)  :-* 8)

Now everything should more or less be in the exact same place, in the intro section.

:o This is good if ya wanna have a view on some battlefield or alike,
say used in an intro cutscene to explain/imitate a "live" briefing
or just a guy having a flashback & then you (player) live out his flasback
in the actual mission itself. (babel-babel-babel-my-aunt-eats-spiders)  :P ::) ;D

work on it, m8.  :)

Namo

« Reply #17 on: 06 Oct 2002, 17:46:02 »
Ok, I think it's best if I just have it at the start, I wanna make a campaign and link my missions together and also make breifings appear n stuff, I will have a look around for tuts on those two things, if anyone knows a good one plz link me here thx.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #18 on: 07 Oct 2002, 02:18:32 »
In the mission editor if you look down the right hand side you will see a load of buttons and stuff.    one of them says "missions".   If you click on it you will get access to the intro and outros.   Intro plays before the briefing, outros after the debriefing.     There are some good tutorials in the Ed Depot on how to create them, for a start you can also look at my recent reply in the Sounds and Cutscenes forum to get you started.   (too pissed to find it myself, sorry ... I've retyped this twice to make it readable .. I keep getting displaced by one key to the left on the keyboard)

Description.ext is the secret to making a campaign.   Also covered in tutes.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Namo

« Reply #19 on: 07 Oct 2002, 16:14:17 »
thx macguba, I already know that, I need to know how to make it appear at the start of the mission or link them?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: 07 Oct 2002, 16:25:37 »
Aha, what you mean is a cutscene as soon as the mission starts, staight after the briefing.

The best way is to have a scripted cutscene.   Call the script from a trigger or a unit's init line thus

[] exec "cutscene.sqs"

cutscene.sqs is of course a text file in your mission folder which contains the commands for the scene.   Make sure the player doesn't die during it ....

Don't know anything about linking missions but there is a tutorial on campaigns.

Namo

« Reply #21 on: 08 Oct 2002, 07:13:05 »
I made a cutsceene as soon as it starts by using a trigger and camera and sound, I find it's easier for me like that.

Now I need to know how to do breifings and I looked in the tuts and there is nothing under breifings that will help me, do you know where a easy good breifing tut is?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #22 on: 08 Oct 2002, 11:41:49 »
Good work on the cutscene.    There are three tutorials relevant to Briefings in the Tutorial department of the Editors Depot.    Start in "OFP file formats" section and look for

Briefing.html file tutorial by snYpir
How to put JPGs in your Overviews and Briefings by Fishion

If you like, follow those with

How to use objectives and init.sqs by snYpir

from the Getting started section

Everything I know about Briefings I learnt from these excellent tuts.

;)

Namo

« Reply #23 on: 08 Oct 2002, 15:46:49 »
Ahhh ok thanx I will do that, I can't wait till I get my full functional first mission ready..yay!!

Although it might take a while cause it seems there is still some basic things I gotta know, first things first tho off to make a breifing.

BTW, I just love how you can make it so u gotta radio in to end a mission, that is so fucking cool!