Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Plzzz could any experienced scripters help!!  (Read 1350 times)

CptBravo

Plzzz could any experienced scripters help!!
« on: 05 Oct 2002, 22:24:52 »
I just tried the platoon script by Emef .. AWESOME SCRIPT!!!
One of the top 5 scripts I'd say.

I do have one question though .. Is there a max to the number of platoons you can control? I have tried to creat extra groups by copying one of the platoons and its triggor with no sucess! (of course I changed the name of the new unit leader and its triggor to Zulu. Should I make changes else where?

The response is greatly appreciated! :)  

« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2002, 05:08:15 by CptBravo »

CptBravo

Re:The platoon script by Emef !!
« Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2002, 23:20:23 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Crassus

« Reply #2 on: 06 Oct 2002, 13:39:04 »
CptBravo, if you're interested in moving beyond squad leadership and onto platoon, company, and even battalion command, then I should like to suggest http://www.thechainofcommand.com/, of which I'm a part.

We've just opened our doors, and have a few missions which, utilizing Spinor's Command Engine, allow the player to lead a platoon, a combined arms company, and I believe one of our developers is working on a battalion-level mission.

A high spec machine is recommended, as the number of units/groups can get quite high.

Come check us out.

CptBravo

« Reply #3 on: 06 Oct 2002, 17:39:47 »
Hey Crassus!

Looks very IMPRESSIVE! Should certainly change the way OFP is played! I can't wait to try it out!!

In the mean time I need to fix my platoon command. Can anyone look at the mission and tell me how to add more platoons? I tried adding one more and did not work!

Help is really really really appreciated!!  :(  
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2002, 17:40:23 by CptBravo »

CptBravo

Re:Plzzz could any experienced scripters help!!
« Reply #4 on: 07 Oct 2002, 05:09:34 »
Planet Earth calling Jupiter!! Anyone out there!??! :)
I guess my question is a lot harder than I thought!

Crassus

« Reply #5 on: 07 Oct 2002, 06:54:37 »

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2002, 07:12:32 by Crassus »

Offline uiox

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 07 Oct 2002, 12:30:30 »
For this I've tried many things. Join command not good if you switch like this :
Squad 1 12 units current player squad
Squad 2 12 units

If you do this
Squad 1 join grpnull
Squad 2 join player
The AI of squad 1 is disable --- they are stuck

Only 2 methods : all by script, or swithcamera "group".

By script:

With a user marker you can define a position with this you can order to squads, units, vehicles to go to this point.
It's the best and realistic method. But you need many scripts and tasks for manage this. The tools need for this are radio, variables and arrays. With radio you define the current squad you "use", store it in variable, player put a marker, you trap the position of it and then with this you can move the squad to the position.

Switchcamera "group"

More easier, but less powerfull. A problem the radio don't work very well when you are "in" other squads, so you need action for each leader. Work like a helmet camera, but you can't give directly orders to the leader, for move it you can use a waypoint set to false and always visible, and you move directly it on the map.

As you can see it's not really easy to have multi-squad.

As Crassus says Spinor have done this. You can dowload CE1 here, or CE2 in thechainofcommand, and see the scripts.

CptBravo

« Reply #7 on: 08 Oct 2002, 16:34:26 »
Thanks guys! I think I have finally got it to work. I think I must have missed one of the names of the squads.
A couple of question I have:
- Is there a limit to the number of squads you can control?
- Are there any missions out there using the SPINOR'S COMMAND ENGINE? I'd love to D/L it and see!

Thanks again for your help.

CptBravo

« Reply #8 on: 08 Oct 2002, 16:37:33 »
Ahh one last question:
WIth the squad script, does the group respawn work? What if the dies? He respawns into one of teh other squads? Current Squad? Or a sea bird if I happen to in the middle of changing squads?

Thanks