Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: multiplayer prompt?  (Read 1248 times)

AvalanCh3

multiplayer prompt?
« on: 12 Jan 2005, 08:09:38 »
hi all sorry to borther again however i am really struck, i wish to send this message to a specific unit when it goes out of a boundary player and i used the hint "You have exceed the boundary". However the problem is that everyone in the game can see the hint as well and it makes no sense that if the player if within the boundary and yet still get the hint.

so how do i display the message in such a way that only player which exceed the boundary will get the message?

StonedSoldier

Re:multiplayer prompt?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2005, 16:47:13 »
basically you want the script to run on only the machine that triggered it, check the editors depot for tutes on local executing

AvalanCh3

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2005, 03:01:53 »
well i could how to keep track of the frags in a MP game. i have search the command reference and tried many ways to sending messages however it could be detected

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2005, 05:32:32 »
Well I'm one of those ppl that comes in and gives you ideas, but I started making many a noobie MP maps by copying the BIS originals.

Why not try those if they do what you are looking for. Most have a boundary. :P

AvalanCh3

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2005, 02:32:17 »
can u eleborate more and share with me your experience because i just can't figure out still

Offline Platoon Patton

• Members
  • "Barbecue" CreateVehicle getpos LLama
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2005, 21:32:12 »
For a general no-go area:

Create a trigger where U want your boundary (make a long small ellips)
-Detected by anybody
-In the Condition field:vehicle player in thislist
-In the on-activation:?(vehicle Player in thisList) then { Titletext[format["WARNING whatever"],"Plain down"]

U can add more commands,like
Code: [Select]
and playsound "alarm" and player setdammage 0.5.....
http://www.platoon-clan.com/ We always wellcome dedicated OFP players :)

http://www.european-combat-league.com/index.php To play with us in the best OFP league ;)