Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Messy mapeditor.  (Read 592 times)

Swaty

Messy mapeditor.
« on: 08 Jan 2005, 18:44:37 »
Does anyone have any hints on how to lock or hide certain things in a mission after completed it?

Right now I am building up the enemy forces around a couple of towns, and all the units, triggers, waypoint and other things start to make things messy.

Swaty

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
Re:Messy mapeditor.
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2005, 19:04:44 »
well, not exactly, but there are a few things you could do:
1) select a large group of units etc and move them(so they stay in the formation you placed them at) and then move them back when you finish

2) put everything on a couple different maps(of the same island) and merge them when finished

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 09 Jan 2005, 01:39:50 »
My waypoints and triggers are the biggest pain the arse for me. Putting what a trigger does in its text field really helps later. And also just organizing triggers that don't have avctivation fields/ellipses is always good.

Other than that, there's not much else left. But it can't be as bad as Macca's Unimpossible mission? I depboed that bad boy and was momentarily dizzy by the amount of "stuff" on the map. I've never seen so many waypoints, units, triggers, gamelogics, markers, objects, vehicles, and ellipses on one map. And I thought my Night Raiders was bad... ::) :P :-X

Swaty

« Reply #3 on: 09 Jan 2005, 02:38:29 »
Yes, I guess there is no easy way of doing it. I am just afraid I will delete something important or whipe out a syncronization...

I was thinking of having several missions to merge later, but then what parts do I put where - everything is overlapping: reinforcements are comming from other places and going back and forth. I guess I will just have to hang in there.

Swaty

Swaty

« Reply #4 on: 09 Jan 2005, 14:03:19 »
Thanks a lot Silencer for helping me hide waypoints!

Swaty