Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Animations  (Read 944 times)

MR_TROUBLE

Animations
« on: 30 Dec 2004, 06:38:50 »
I have a soldier named S1 kneeling in front of a campfire.

In the init field of the trigger I have S1 playmove "FXInKneel"

What I want him to do is stay in that position until he's either shot at or he detects a West unit.

But he doesn't do this.  He can't even be killed.  I shoot him and he turns all bloody but stays locked in the FXInKneel animation.  I shoot him, I throw frags at him, I fire a tank round at him, I run his ass over, he's freakin invincible.

How do I get him to break out of that animation when he detects a West unit presence?

I've looked on various forums for this and for some reason I can not locate an answer so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

pazuzu

Re:Animations
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2004, 08:09:08 »
S1 playmove "null"

I think that will do it.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2004, 09:21:03 »
quote from macguba's playmove/switchmove animations list in the editors depot under references:
To stop a playMove/switchMove  -  Null
;)
Not all is lost.

Silencer

« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2004, 11:57:35 »
Hey MR_TROUBLE,

I made a Script (and example mission) for you.
-  If the west units is 40 meters away from S1, then he will get out of the animation
   (and is ready to attack).
-  If S1 gets shot, then he will get out of the animation (and is ready to attack).

In your C:\Operation Flashpoint\Users\YourName\missions
Make a map called:  TestMission.Noe and put these 2 files in it.
Go to the mission editor and load TestMission on the island Nogova.
Good luck with your mission 8)
I hope this helps you out!
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2004, 12:01:09 by Silencer »

MR_TROUBLE

« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2004, 20:02:47 »
Thanks for the replies and the script.  I will test it out!

Silencer

« Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2004, 20:34:12 »
Well, is it what u wants?

MR_TROUBLE

« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2004, 01:31:31 »
Cool.  The script and mission worked just fine.  I would like it so that if ANY West unit trips the trigger it will get the east unit out of its animation and it will engage the west units.

How do I set it for that?  I know I will have to edit the scrip somewhat.  I think what I'm asking is if it either detects any west unit or a west group named to something like... group1 = groupthis or whatever....so that if any unit in Group1 gets detected by S1, S1 will stop the FxInKneel animation and engage them.  As the script stands now, S1 will only react if the west unit named West1 trips the trigger.

I would like to have a few east units kneeling and all react the same way..so I will probably need to name them as a group too?

Thanks in advance for your help!