Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The New MOTHER OF THE SEA!!  (Read 1870 times)

Raiden

The New MOTHER OF THE SEA!!
« on: 01 Oct 2002, 00:06:37 »
k i DID NOT MAKE THIS because i have no skill but look over at flashpoint 1985 and see what this GOD made :o   :o

a guy name Jafergon

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard301/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d98ba215534ffff;act=ST;f=41;t=20478

Its a beauty

Vladmir

Re:The New MOTHER OF THE SEA!!
« Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2002, 03:11:22 »
I saw that on flashpoint.ru....... I hope it really is released by next weekend...........beauty!!!! ;D :)

FivefiftysixNATO

« Reply #2 on: 01 Oct 2002, 03:42:09 »
OMG!!!!DAHT IS SO AWESOME!!!! :o :o :o [SEAL OPERATIONS!!!!]. And finally a ship daht wont bounce away when you try to land on it!

Raiden

« Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2002, 03:50:31 »
hope its not laggy tho it runs about 6500 polys i think??
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2002, 03:51:21 by Raiden »

Offline Davies1

• Members
  • Bugger this for a game of soldiers!
« Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2002, 13:29:49 »
looks great
Should be fun to launch operations from it!

When it comes out will someone let us know where to get it?
Beer is the fuel for the Heavy Metal Engine.

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #5 on: 01 Oct 2002, 17:43:26 »
The poly count really isn't bad if you only have one or so of these things in game. Perhaps a low poly model could be done, which just shows the exterior and isn't enterable.
For the USN this ship would be a part of an Amphibious Ready Group, which is a small group of ships needed to transport, support, and command a Marine Expeditionary Unit. Amphibious Ready Groups will usually include an LHD (Wasp Class), an LPD (Austin/ soontobe San Atonio Class) and two or so LSD's (like this ship).
Now, all four of the above ships might be a real slow down on a system... if the attention to detail for each one was as intensive as the ship Jafergon has done! But if a low-poly external-only model were used for three of the four, with the player seeing only the insides of one full detail model, well, that might be doable?

Frosty

« Reply #6 on: 03 Oct 2002, 13:04:13 »
Yeah, I really look forward to using this, itd go great with the LST, Russian sub and Russian Mirage Patrol Boat + Normal Boat

jori

« Reply #7 on: 05 Oct 2002, 02:56:53 »
I think I read somewhere that there would be two models. One you could walk about inside that was static and one you could drive but not launch vehicles from.

Raiden

« Reply #8 on: 05 Oct 2002, 03:33:27 »
ya i heard of a static and a all around