Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Hangar Ship Take Off  (Read 1116 times)

andersgrim

Hangar Ship Take Off
« on: 21 Sep 2002, 22:18:49 »
i just made up an idea.. on islands, you set coordinates for airplanes taxi on/off the taxiway.. if you put these lines into a hangar ships config, would it work? would the airplanes be able to tax on/off the ship?

Chris IX

Re:Hangar Ship Take Off
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2002, 21:57:51 »
I'm not sure coz I'm not very good with this stuff but
you know the LST? It has a helipad on the back end, and when I tried landing on it, the ship went flying forward, as if it had a warp drive or st! lol. It went right up the beach!
Same thing happens if yoy nudge it with a PBR mk II.
My point is that maybe it wouldn't work because of this screwed up version of Newton's Xth law.
Maybe if you could make a separate island in the form of a carrier so it wasn't actually a unit and you just made an intro and outro with it....
hope that helped,
Chris

1B1KSniper

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2002, 18:25:12 »
That's a problem with the LST model, it was given a very light weight...  Others have made ships that you could successfully land/take off on...

Chris IX

« Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2002, 21:20:28 »
I actually tried again last night while messing around with an OH58 and while going very slow on auto hover, managed to land on the helipad. I atually got out and ran around on the helipad as if it were proper ground, but if you go further along the boat it just gets wierd.
By the way is there a purpose to the lst other than effect?
It doesn't move (noticeably if at all), shoot, transport tanks or men.....

Last thing. KSniper: where can we get anaircraft carrier from?
thanks