Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Changing Objectives?  (Read 389 times)

Echo5Hotel

Changing Objectives?
« on: 28 Dec 2004, 20:12:34 »
Is there a way to swap objectives in the middle of a game?  My mission that I am working on has the troops being flown out to their insertion point for a lrrp.  They get shot down behind enemy lines and their objectives change to just making it to friendly lines or a distant extraction point.  I want to be able to change their objectives once they are down.  I thought maybe this is what hidden objectives are all about but I have serched the FAQ and looked through all the tutes I could find that may have the info.  Anyone know where I can get some definitive info on how to pull this off be it with hidden objectives or something else and how to do it?  Thanks.

bored_onion

Re:Changing Objectives?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2004, 20:19:31 »
i believe there are commands hideobjective and revealobjective or something like that. that would be the equivalent of changing it. have a look in the comref.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2004, 20:24:04 »
well the obj that it starts out w/ should be failed when the helo crashes

then use reveal obj to show the hidden one to get back to friendly lines

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2004, 20:28:19 »
"0" objStatus"HIDDEN"
Hides objective number 0

Other options are:
"0" objStatus"DONE"  Green tick
"0" objStatus"FAILED"  Red cross
"0" objStatus"ACTIVE" Black blob

Echo5Hotel

« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2004, 20:53:23 »
Thank you.  It seems that I did end up digging up some stuff by searching just objective instead of hidden objective.  What I found in the FAQs along with what yall have provided should get me rolling in the right direction anyway.  Thanks for the help! :D