Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Detection Script  (Read 788 times)

Kilo11

Detection Script
« on: 17 Dec 2004, 19:37:39 »
Alright, Im going to try and explain this, and I assume it is not htat hard, but I am not very good at scripting.

There is a large Russian held base, that is eavily garded.  I am trying to established a complex system of radio's and communication between all of the outposts, gardes, and main base.
I have the following:

-When west is detected by east near an outpost, a gaurd will run to the radio and alert the base of enemy movement in their area.  
-When any report is given to head qaurters, the alarm sounds and reinforcments arive promptly.
-If anyone near the main base who is garuding sees enemy units, they will shout out and gaurds neerby will press the alarm, twhich goes to HQ, which then sends reinforcements.

What I need:

-There are many patrols far from the base, but closer to the outposts.  naturaly they report to the out post being that they are closer.  I want a script that:

-Is user defined detection.  I want a script/trigger that I can set up so that instead of ANY east unit detcting the west, it can only be a SINGLE unit or group.

-I would also like to know how to create a lmited range.  If a gaurd shouts but no one is within 100m of him, they cant hear him, etc.  So if he detects west, he shouts but if no one is close enough, the alarm wont go off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If u have confusion just ask.

bored_onion

Re:Detection Script
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2004, 19:43:55 »
youll need to use the knowsabout command for detection (a common problem causer I believe) and the distance command, which I can tell you about

Code: [Select]
? patroldude distance HQdude >=100
syntax could be wrong but the essence is there. the objects and operators may need swapping about

Kilo11

« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2004, 21:01:17 »
Thanks that worked!

now what about a specific detection?  Meaning I can set it to it will only be activated if a specific squad/person detects them?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2004, 23:52:28 »
Group the trigger to the group leader.    You will get new options in the Activation box which might help.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Kilo11

« Reply #4 on: 18 Dec 2004, 00:59:51 »
Ive done that, doesnt work.