Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AmmoBearer Script v0.84bOut  (Read 2585 times)

Bluelikeu

AmmoBearer Script v0.84bOut
« on: 12 Dec 2004, 09:17:34 »
Fearing that someone will attempt to lock my topic in the Scripting Ideas section, i've created a beta version of the AmmoBearer script and am placing here.

Bug Fixes/announcements:
I've corrected the error where the unit was given ammunition for every weapon. It now checks to see if the unit has a weapon in the list.

The user is also able to define how many magazines for each weapon the ammobearer has.

The ammobearer will now not run up to a soldier if he has no weapon.

The ammobearer still, however runs up to the soldier if the ammobearer doesn't have any magazines left for the soldier. This bug needs to be fixed. FIXED

Ammobearer groups cannot be assigned yet. FIXED

Ammobearer will now give himself ammo.

Supplies of ammo cannot be changed during the game.

A person in a group can only be resupplied if he is within 50meters of the ammobearer.

AmmoBearer will now return back to his original position.

(Possible Bug) I havn't tested the ammobearer moving in combat, so please tell me if you find any errors, or if the ammobearer stalls somewhere. Please provide statistics. Like how many times he distributed ammo, or if he was in the middle of going back to his original position. This will help speed up completion.

All major errors and bugs are fixed.
The script does not work in multiplayer. It should now, at least I hope
The script only works on one squad. If you want to use it on multiple groups, you will need to change global variables so that they have different names for each instance of the script. FIXED

I'm planning on combining the script into one .sqs file. So hold tight. Completed

To activate the script, do the following:
1.)Create a group of say 5 people
2.)Give one of them a name.(This will be the ammobearer)
3.)Write in the init field:  [This], ((Units group this)), ["m16", "m60", "m21"], ["m16", "m60", "m21"], [5,5,5] Exec "Rearm.sqs"; (Put everything except Exec "Rearm.sqs" between brackets.)

4.)Format is: [(Name of AmmoBearer), (Array of magazines), (Array of weapons), (Array of number of supplies for each magazine)] Exec "Rearm.sqs"

5.)Make sure that the first entry in the magazine array corresponds with the first in the weapons array and the array of supplies for each magazine.

Please notify me if there are any bugs at:
Bluelikeu32@hotmail.com
Here's the current v0.84b of the script
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2005, 18:37:20 by Bluelikeu »

Bluelikeu

Re:AmmoBearer Script v0.84bOut
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2004, 17:17:36 »
This is the script plus the example mission:
--OBSOLETE-- USE ONE AT TOP OF PAGE--
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2004, 11:55:40 by Bluelikeu »

Bluelikeu

« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2004, 12:00:21 »
I"ve just updated the lastest version of the script, please download it from the top of the page.

Thanks,
Bluelikeu

HotShotAce

« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2004, 16:20:32 »
I downloaded your script, and Im gonna check it out soon and give you my feedback. Sounds interesting, would be great to use the ammo bearer along with a medical unit at checkpoints.

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2004, 22:52:45 »
sounds good,

i cant test it as i dont have my copy of ofp w/ me on vacation but dont you think 50m is a little far away to be resuplied

how about 7m

i will try it as soon as i can

Seabiscuit

« Reply #5 on: 02 Feb 2005, 09:27:00 »
Worked as advertised.
Ammobearer did not resupply when unit was out of area.
He returned to position and did not resupply when unit did not have a weapon.
Will have to apply it to an urban environment with some bad guys to see how it holds up.
Would be nice to see it pop up as an action when the ammobearer is close enough so that more magazines could be had...sort of like a mobile ammo crate.
I will get back to you with more info.

SB...

Commando

« Reply #6 on: 03 Feb 2005, 11:28:25 »
cool script  :o in some of my missions i tend to run out of ammo  ;D
got to give it a go and hope it will work in my coops  :D

Bluelikeu

« Reply #7 on: 15 Jun 2005, 00:49:13 »
always remember to watch out when you click the exit button on the corner of your screen. You might loose your work if you don't.(Words of Wisdom)

ok, I've made some recent advancements to the script.
1.) Problem when with 6 or more groups using the script causes jittery movement of the ammo-bearer. No not lag. And no, this is not one of the advancements, the problem has been FIXED.

2.) When the ammo-bearer is killed when in-transit, no new ammo-bearer was selected. This problem has been FIXED.

3.) Lag has been reduced for some odd reason. There was no lag in the first place, except when 12 groups were using the script. There should be very little if no lag now.

I will change the file in the editors depot soon. If there are any other problems please say them vitement.

EDIT: LASTEST VERSION IS NOW AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2005, 18:38:00 by Bluelikeu »