Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Voice  (Read 762 times)

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
Voice
« on: 16 Feb 2005, 01:25:17 »
Alright it is about using a script to play the .ogg file during a conversation.

I have converted all the sound files to ogg and to a lip format... even made a stringtable.

Then i made a camera script and within that script i use this:

adam say "Anp01"

When that part plays, it shows the text in which it should say, and even the motion of the lips.

But no sound.

I know the sound works because when i create a trigger and go to voice and annoyomous or whatever is next to voice... it plays the lip and ogg file.  then i play it a few times...

then once when i did that... i had no sound selected under the voice and annoynmous but in the on activation of the trigger i have this:

adam say "Anp01"

condition:
alive(adam)

then it wors AFTER i did the trigger under voice and stuff.

then i tried without the trigger and when that sound comes up in the script... ONLy that sound plays, but the rest still doesn't.

so i did the trigger thing again to a few more files 4/103 files... and they worked...

then a day later, i opened OFP and played it.

THE SOUND DIDN"T EVEN PLAY AT ALL!!!   >:( ???

So i looked around and didn't really find much because i have a small amount of time on a computer... and my school teachers say i should be on forums... so i can' at school.

the only thing that i wondered about was the .vcc or whatever file is in the SOUND files in most missions... and campaigns... aka(Resistance)... does that have to do with anything... becuase i don't know what it does or no way to open it in a way that i can understand what it means.

so one other thing i tried.

i copied and paste the names from my sound files to the SOUND folder in one of the mission in the Resistance missions.  and named them correctly as they are.

*first 4 files... etc.

then i saved it.

then i restarted OFP to make sure... opened it up, and the weired thing was... the sound was the same as normal... it wasn't playing my sound... it was saying their sound, but had my .lip file active... WTF???  even i configed the stringtable... and yes it did show the text in which i configed.

so then... i look at the triggers within the mission and deleted a few... *all of them*... and configed the intro.sqs...  then played it... camera script went throught but no sound.. (not even month movements... gerr

strange i don't know what is going on...  i need help

how do i  have the people say what i want them to SAY!

also, i looked in the camera script for a mission and i saw that they had cameraSetFOV or something... and i was like hmm... tried looking up what it was in some simple/advance camera scripting... all i found was FOV = Field of View... even tho i would have thought it was it.  isn't like setViewDistance but in the camera... does that have to do with when and how they say whatever i want them to say.

???

thanks for your time on reading this... and i am sorry if is confusing a bit and long.

hopefully someone could guide me to a page where i can find some information about FOV, and even how to make the dude say what i want to say ... etc.

thanks bye

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
Re:Voice
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2005, 21:49:46 »
Download Chris' OFP Scripting Editor and check the description.ext editor to import sounds.

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2005, 22:19:01 »
I'll check it out... i also posted up something in the Editing: Sound & Cutscreens

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2005, 22:20:55 »
i only see Chris Death and chrisfow by authors

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2005, 22:27:49 »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2005, 22:29:11 »
Oh i c it... ok i'll check it out.

I thought it was like "Chris's" ... as in the author.  
It's probally his real name.

Offline ACF

• Members
  • Llama?? Ain't that French for tanks?
« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2005, 23:48:28 »
If it plays sometimes it's presumably not a config problem.

There are one or two threads about about it but it's possible your .ogg files are too small to play reliably.  I've had problems on occasions with ones less than 13Kb (IIRC).  The solution I used was to use the original .wav file instead.

Hope that helps eliminate a problem if it doesn't explain one!

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #7 on: 18 Feb 2005, 10:55:38 »
Problem: OFP refuses to play very small sound files.
Solution: Record a few seconds of silence at the end of the sound file.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 18 Feb 2005, 18:12:08 »
Ok the lowest in size is 15... the highest is 258... so i don't think it's the size.

I use ACE High converter to convert WAV to OGG... what should i use... ?

What program works for a person that creates missions witht their own voice that works good.  No problem.

So you can use the .wav file instead?  Such as filename.wav... then just put that in the sound folder.

I'll try a few things out.... but i really would like to find out the problem... i'll mess around a lot.

I tested something out last night.

I used the X03Meeting mission in Resistance... i think that's the name.  Then i rename the first 4 files of mine to the first 4 of theirs.  Then i put it in the sound folder, with the updated .lip file.  etc.

Then i looked at it... it didn't work.  The file didn't work... only the .lip worked.

So yes i think it might be the .ogg file.

What should i use to record, and what was the file save as options... 20500 hz or whatever, 16 bit, Mono...

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 18 Feb 2005, 22:29:59 »
Alrgith, well i am set for now... the .wav files work.

I guess it was the format of the .ogg file.

I wonder what was the problem... hmmm  ???

If anyone gets the problem... and then finds the problems or saves it in a different format and it works... tell me.

Because i rather use .ogg files, so it is more protected in some ways.

** ogg isn't a daily music file type... **

thanks for your help.   8) ;D