Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: u guys are gonna hate me..vehicles leaving towns, a prob with 'grudge' script  (Read 2097 times)

Mr.Pibb

:o

holy...  wow, great, er, um, thanks, big time
wil give it a go :)

Mr.Pibb

wow

Seems you have pulled it off again  ;)

havent done any extensive testing yet, but I can tell u that ofp is running right now and my hummer sits in a freindly town next to some res after leaving a 'grudge' town and never got out, and their not firing at me!  ;D
 saw the vehicle switch on the map and all, awsome job there Triggerhappy, really thought it wasnt gonna happen.
 Only got an hour to test lol which goes by fast, but hopefully it holds in all aspects. This is great, will feel confident about putting this up on beta testing for release as an addon to be credited to u if it all keeps as it seems.

cool cool cool

Ill post one more time tonight after testing some more to give some finals.

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
just so you know, when it tested it out, i went back and forth between 2 towns, with the third "grudge" town in the middle, and i stopped at each for about 30 sec right in front of people. did that back and forth a bunch, and only the middle shot at me

Mr.Pibb

ya, it all looks good. Thanks for the testing, tried to make it as easy as possbile. There does seem to be a 'bug' with ofp still that very seldom  causes other res to register player as enemy even tho everything is good, I dont think the script can get any better, the rating and side both change at appropriate times. Weird thing was one time testing, I killed everyone in the first town, then drove from there S thro the next town (all side ratings were right) and stopped at the last third town next to the res, as freindly. Got out and after bout 10 seconds all the sudden they smoked me! lol
I wasnt even expecting it, so I didnt get a close look at the icon for player after I got out, everything was a green in vehicle comin in.
 I simulated the exact events that led to that afterwards and nothin, they didnt attack. If it is in the script pretty sure I can prolly find it as time wears on anyhow, but I dont think its the script.
 So I do think there is some sort of ofp bug that  has a slim chance of the res still hating u even after going solid freindly.
 Anyhow big thanks on the script, unless there is anything else to add here, tommorow Ill call it solved.

Hats off too ya Triggerhappy, nice to see it pan out. Now I have to remove the 'getting out of vehicle' part in the breifing  wew'

« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2004, 04:38:09 by Mr.Pibb »

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
nothing i can add, but i did have that problem once as well, just ofp, no other explaination, its random. and no problem.  ;)

Mr.Pibb

Alright then. :)

Case closed.

Thanks again Triggerhappy