Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AEF TRAIN  (Read 472 times)

NUKE

AEF TRAIN
« on: 29 Nov 2004, 02:18:39 »
Can anyone tell me how to get the AI to use this train ie move to waypoints without stopping all the time. I just want the train to move about the track like a train should so it can be attacked by other units etc.

thanks ???

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
Re:AEF TRAIN
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2004, 06:07:18 »
in my experiments so far they do an ok job of driving, but you gotta watch the switch positions.  Also the train doesn't travel uphill very well.  I still haven't figured out how to set the switches by script.
  Also to lay track on another island is a chore...hacking the sqm like in the old days...I have made a map I called trackwork that has the track pieces joined already so they can be cut and pasted...anyone interested?  I can post it
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2004, 06:07:52 by Zombie »

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2004, 08:38:15 »
I'll be interested in that map zombie  ;)

Personally, when I try to make AI move in a train, they go along fine.
Are you making the train start of at an Upwards hill? This will cause the train to go backwards at first, then go very slowly, stopping every now and again.

Also, have you got another train on the same track? A problem I had when I had 2 trains is they would move, then stop, then move, then stop etc.
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2004, 14:34:24 »
ok, here it is.  Nothing fancy but you can go in to the editor and get all the aef objects, (except the bridges, they didn't work  :( ).  Just cut and paste the pieces.  Hopefully someone will do what is required so these pieces can be accessed from the editor instead of needing to edit the sqm.
  Beware...if you open any track object, or any aef object in the editor, except the train, the piece will revert back to a default editor selection.

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
« Reply #4 on: 29 Nov 2004, 16:56:15 »
OK, thanks  :D
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB