Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFP Editor  (Read 558 times)

Dubieman

OFP Editor
« on: 23 Oct 2004, 01:59:26 »
Well, I've forgotten where this was posted before on the editor, but here's my two gripes.

1.) Editor needs a UNDO button. I hate doing one stupid thing, and a unit is screwed up, a line of code lost, or 15 synched ppl are not synched after a stupid click... >:( :P

2.) Also a goto button would be nice. To find a particualr script or man or object or whatever. Type the name or piece of code...

Feedback? :)

GI-YO

Re:OFP Editor
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2004, 16:33:29 »
An undo button would be very cool for all the reasons listed and a goto would be very usefull. I dont know how hard it would be to do that but maybe a suggestion for OFP2?

GI-YO

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 23 Oct 2004, 20:29:29 »
Yes, those buttons are very useful in this microsoft excel/access/word/powerpoint class I'm taking. So why not OFP?

I especially hate the losing of 15 synchs or when i typed the wrong script into a guy who was exactly like the other 50 units right next to him.... ::)

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2004, 22:01:30 »
i think all of the keyboard shortcuts that MS Word uses work

I know that:
ctrl+c=copy
ctrl+x=cut
ctrl+v=paste

and i'm not sure but i think undo and redo also work:
ctrl+z=undo
ctrl+y=redo

i cant check right now because flashpoint is messed up on my computer right now, but try it out...i'm pretty sure it works...

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2004, 22:12:32 »
Just tried it quickly, I don't think it works. :-\

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #5 on: 27 Nov 2004, 18:23:13 »
That was one of the reasons I posted that thread about an external editor for OFP..
But everyone claimed it was in part useless, and part too hard..
 >:(
Ctrl+C and V, Z and Y (Sometimes Ctrl+Shift+Z in older programs) are common thoughout lots of things (Internet Explorer, for one :P)
OFP uses the Ctrl+C and V to put stuff to the clipboard, nothing else, really

- Ben