Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Getting plane in the air  (Read 1069 times)

pazuzu

Getting plane in the air
« on: 15 Nov 2004, 22:56:00 »
Hi, I'm making a mission on Sarugao island & I want an enemy plane to take off when west is detected.

The problem is that the airports dont work for AI pilots...they cant take off.

So I was wondering is there is some other way to get an enemy plane into the air when triggered?

Thanks

Uldics

Re:Getting plane in the air
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2004, 06:56:17 »
I am actually just working on the same problem on same island. The idea is to get an empty plane on the runway at the beginning and accelerate it, then detach it from the ground and place the AI inside, then he will not act as stupid as on the ground, but try to keep the height. Can be done also with AI inside, but he will try to turn to the default airport and move the plane some meter wrong. This can be done with little shaking if you decrease the acceleration value and interval proportionally, but I guess it will eat some bandwidth in MP. I can attach my mission file just when I return home at 1600 CET today, if you wish.

Uldics

« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2004, 15:34:50 »
Ok here is my mission with scripts to takeoff 4 planes. Of course the scripts can be optimized, but here is what I have made upto now.

pazuzu

« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2004, 20:04:15 »
I appreciate your help but I couldn't open your mission...(needed addons & not sure what they are)

I managed to figure a way out to get plane in the air & attack my teams Carrier (The Nimitz).

I made an su25 named "plane" with pilot in it. I setfuel to 0 in the init field. Then I made a trigger & in the activation field I put the setfuel & setpos line:

"plane setfuel 1; plane setpos [getpos plane select 0,getpos plane select 1, (getpos plane select 2)+1000]"

This set the fuel to full & placed the plane 1000m in the air & it worked great. The plane had enough time to fall & get the engine going & then level out & head toward the carrier.

Thanks again.

Uldics

« Reply #4 on: 17 Nov 2004, 06:38:24 »
WGL addonpack. Sorry, I assumed that was the case with you too.