Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Adding atmosphere  (Read 545 times)

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
Adding atmosphere
« on: 12 Nov 2004, 20:49:41 »
hello,
I was wondering If there was a way to increase the atmosphere in your missions by doing a few things, first

Is there a way to make the affect of bullets hitting the ground more realistic, There is a tiny little puff of dust when it should be a big spray of dust when on dirt. if you see any realistic war movie, look at where the bullets hit the ground.
if they hit the grass look at a video clip of a MG firing at a target on the grass. there are big clumps of grass flying up.
Even if the dirt affect was overly exagerated it would be better because the player would really feel like he was in trouble. the current affect of bullets hitting the ground does not make me really feel like im being shot at.
I think thats one of the main reason missions made after movies like BHD missions(and there are a lot of them).
are so bad, because they lack any atmosphere.

so basicly my question is, is it possible to make better affect when bullets hit the dirt?

thanks

im currently looking for picture of real life bullets hitting the ground because i know my post is hard to understand

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
Re:Adding atmosphere
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2004, 22:17:03 »
you can script dust etc. to appear ingame, most ppl use it for stuff like chopper downwash and such.
check the editor depot for these script types :-*

later!

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2004, 22:29:39 »
well thx but im not any good at scripting, thats why I posted.
I was wondering if sombody had a script like this that the bottled up and never put in ed depot or maby new how to whip it up in a sec.
thanks anyways

nim2oo4

« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2004, 23:01:21 »
I do believe Tomb wasnt saying any scripting was involved...I think hes saying go the ed depot and check out the scripts there....and its probably just a matter of changing a few numbers and applying the script according but of course i may be wrong  ::)