Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Radio Commands  (Read 485 times)

gadolinite

Radio Commands
« on: 08 Nov 2004, 03:39:58 »
     How do you make radio alpha invisible until a script runs that makes it visible?  The hide command and show command.  I tried 1 setRadioMsg "null" for the hide command but null removes the radio command permenantly.

m21man

Re:Radio Commands
« Reply #1 on: 08 Nov 2004, 04:06:01 »
but null removes the radio command permenantly.
No it doesn't, you just have to reactivate it by putting 1 setradiomsg "Your Text" .

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:Radio Commands
« Reply #2 on: 08 Nov 2004, 04:54:57 »
Actually, OFP can do most of the work for you. You may or may not know that the text you type in the "text" field of a radio trigger will be the text shown in the radio menu (I didn't know that for a while). Well, it gets even better than that, because OFP won't display that radio command until that trigger can be activated.

Normally, a radio trigger only has "this" in its condition field, which means "activate when I use the radio". But you can add other commands in there, like "this && alive bob", which would mean "activate when bob is alive and I use the radio". If bob were to die, there would be no way to activate the trigger, so OFP would just hide the radio command from you.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!