Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: fully customizable weapons  (Read 2258 times)

nmanjar

fully customizable weapons
« on: 04 Nov 2004, 00:35:04 »
a add-on pack containing a base weapon with numerous accesories that someone could edit very easily through means of a simple configuration file editing scheme,

maybe this could be part of JAM 3 to make it universal

Dubieman

Re:fully customizable weapons
« Reply #1 on: 04 Nov 2004, 00:38:48 »
I think its not possible. I could be wrong but I think you need separate weapon models even if you made one with say an extra grip handle or something due to how the game engine works. It'd be cool. Just pick your base M4 and pick what sights you want, grenade launcher, shotgun, silencer....

JAM2 is alright for now, although something like that would be great for #3...
Dunno if its possible. :P

nmanjar

« Reply #2 on: 04 Nov 2004, 02:14:08 »
i meant itd involve new models to work with, but after that theyd be used and improved  and itd be the ulitmate weapons add-on (maybe)

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 04 Nov 2004, 03:45:38 »
Oh, I misunderstood you. sure, but what IS the ultimate weapons pack? Many opinions, I like M4 with ACOG sights no I like the Shotgun slung under the barrel...

But I really can't see the JAM2 getting any better other than adding some new weapons. :P

m21man

« Reply #4 on: 04 Nov 2004, 03:59:47 »
that someone could edit very easily through means of a simple configuration file editing scheme,
You cannot change a model using a config. Large, detailed weapon packs (Earl's M4's, great textures/models and a crapload of variants) include massive amounts of models because of this.
« Last Edit: 04 Nov 2004, 04:00:36 by m21man »

DiFool

« Reply #5 on: 04 Nov 2004, 11:25:32 »
The most disturbing thing with JAM2 is that you can't change magazines betwenn ak74 or rpk and ak107 because of the different fire modes.
According to my information nearly all eastern magzines of the same calibre are interchangeble in real life. (eg. a 75rd drum in a AKM)

And have you ever used the 9x39 rounds in Groza or VSS? You will see that the bullets hit much too high. Anybody knows how to change THAT  ?

Shalashaska

« Reply #6 on: 04 Nov 2004, 15:44:14 »
About AK magazines I heard it too.
About the Final weapon... :toocool: but...  ;) what is this weapon? Rifle+Grenade_Launcher+ACOG+Laser_Sight+Drum_magazine+...what?  ???
Ok, this is a game, but what would be the weight of this weapon ?
I don't know...  8)

Dubieman

« Reply #7 on: 04 Nov 2004, 20:20:21 »
Ooo do I get to mention that the gun itself is a M240? :D ;D

Well yea that is what JAM was for. So the M4 and M16 could both use 5.56 rounds and AK style weapons could use 7.62 or 9x39. Another reason was the difference between say the MARPAT Marines and BAS's Deltas. The way its coded, you can't use the MARPAT M4 to fire a BAS clip. So JAM was introduced so we could do that. ;)
Where did you get the groza?

DiFool

« Reply #8 on: 08 Nov 2004, 13:03:13 »
@GuiltyRoachKillar
You can find the Groza on: http://ofp.gamezone.cz
Just use the search function. The addons name is: OC-14 "Groza-1"
It's really a nice addon specially for Spetsnaz.

Nulear_Man

« Reply #9 on: 08 Nov 2004, 23:46:54 »
you could do something like that by modeling all the possibles (M4,M4 + Grenades,M4 + Shotgun ect)
then you could add actions to change the weapons ("Remove Silencer" action would change the weapon to the Same thing only without a Silencer, and the weapons would use different mags (the GL versions would only be able to use grenades, you get the idea))
and thats hows it could be done

Coldfire

« Reply #10 on: 09 Nov 2004, 02:26:52 »
Ya, but imagine the amount of work that would take to moddle all of that, not to mention the file size once it was released. Not that I can see any better way of doing it...

Offline calvinb1nav

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: 09 Nov 2004, 03:36:50 »
You could make a popup dialog that allows you to pick a specific weapon at the beginning of your mission.  I made one for two of my missions and you can pick between ten different weapons.  Maybe it's not exactly what you're looking for but you could make your dialog with several different M-4 variants with different scopes, silencers, M-203, etc. from BAS/WGL/LSR/JAM, etc. and the player could select which variant they wanted.  It would accomplish the same effect would it not?
PBAR
B-1B WSO

Shalashaska

« Reply #12 on: 09 Nov 2004, 18:18:56 »
Yeah, buty you would need all those addons, and it should be also made by all the different teams (or the way you call them...  ;) )
I had to delete LSR because OFP didn't want to start anymore, so I could'nt use this menu at all...  :'(
Anyway, it's a nice idea, but isn't it similar to the "Select Equipment Menu during the Mission Briefing?  ???

Dubieman

« Reply #13 on: 09 Nov 2004, 20:25:59 »
Hmm just thought of something. You could use Nuclear_Man's idea but at the start of the mission put a lot of wepaon holders at a desolate place on the island. And say when you selected to remove silencer, say for longer distance or whatever. It changes your wepaon with the other M4 without a silencer that's at the wepaon holder. Then if you want a diff scope, or take your M203 off, it switches again to the variant you select or the one without a M203...

Only problems with it are you cannot keep say the 15 bullets in the mag in there when changing weapons I think. And maybe a few other things, like lag from MP with guns being switched. And I don't know how you would switch weapons like that. I've never heard of a command to do that. :-\ :P

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #14 on: 14 Nov 2004, 03:52:19 »
I think it would be pretty easy to make an M4 with various parts, and you wouldn't need tons of models or anything.
Use hidden selections, that can be chosen via scripting perhaps?