Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Do you know about...?  (Read 1896 times)

Shalashaska

Do you know about...?
« on: 20 Oct 2004, 23:06:30 »
Here you can ask everything about Addons or MODs you know.  ???  ???  :)

For example, I've heard about an HALO mod. Does anybody know it? If you're interested, check this:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics4/light2.jpg                    or
ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/videos/flashlight.avi

You should recognize Halo Assault Rifle and also the same character...
 ;D  ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2004, 23:07:44 by Shalashaska »

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings

Shalashaska

Re:Do you know about...?
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2004, 17:07:47 »
Ok, I read it.
??? And?  There are only (Wonderful) pics, but nothing related to HALO mod.  :'(  :'(  :'(

I almost forgot, I downloaded last LSR rangers and weapons too. However, I don't listen anyome the audio (every type) in OFP if I try to use them. Does anybody know why? I think (sorry if I say somethin wrong) that there is an Addon problem. Sometimes a box appeares saying: DX-8 required --> Game crashes
What does it mean ??? ??? ???
HELP!!!
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2004, 17:18:48 by Shalashaska »

Ade

« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2004, 20:54:53 »
First, a couple of simple checks - try removing the offending addon and see if OFP works normally.  Check which verison of OFP you have against what the addon requires.  If the addon needs Resistance and you don't have it, then you won't be able to use it without installing Resistance.  Similarly, check which verison number of OFP you have installed - the number appears at the top of the main menu screen, and make sure that you have any patches needed to run the addon.

If you're still having problems, then read on...

DX stands for Direct X.  This is part of Windows and is designed to allow programmers to create 3-D graphics and sophisticated sound effects.  Since Audio and Graphics hardware develops very quickly, Direct X is updated often so that new hardware can be used to the full.

At the time OFP was released, the latest version of Direct X was 8.  If you haven't got it installed, OFP won't work properly.

To check which version of Direct X you have installed, go to the Windows start menu and select the 'Run' option.  In the box that appears, type 'dxdiag' and click OK.  A window will appear and after a few seconds (or a minute if your PC is a bit old), some information about your computer will appear.  The last item on the list tells you what version of Direct X you have.

If it says that you have version 7 or below, then the problem is easily solved.

If you have Windows 95 or 98: Insert your OFP installation CD (the original, not resistance).  Close the installation menu and double click on your 'My Computer' icon.  Right click on the appropriate CD drive and select 'Explore'.  Make sure you close down any running programs and anti-virus software.  Double click the 'Direct X' Folder.  Then double click 'dxsetup.exe' and follow the installation instructions.  This will install version 8 of Direct X and *should* solve the problem.

If you have Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 or XP: Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a9b6820-bfbb-4799-9908-d418cdeac197&displaylang=en
and download and install the latest version, following all the instructions on the web page.  Don't worry, Direct X updates are free.

If you try all that and are still stuck, please let me know.

Ade   :)

Shalashaska

« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2004, 14:37:33 »
I got Direct-X 9.0b and the game works properly with the previous version of both addons.  ???  ???
I have OFP GOTY 1.96.final

About HALO, if someone has news, Please report here!  :)  :)
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2004, 15:03:12 by Shalashaska »

Shalashaska

F-22
« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2004, 16:37:30 »
A few months ago, I saw a beta version of an F-22 Raptor.  :)
Does it exist?  ???

Dubieman

« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2004, 21:57:10 »
I don't have solid info but I think it never made it to a release. :-\

Coldfire

Re:F-22
« Reply #7 on: 28 Oct 2004, 01:53:52 »
A few months ago, I saw a beta version of an F-22 Raptor.  :)
Does it exist?  ???

Nope, never got finished (I would know I posted a thread asking for one to be made)...

Shalashaska

Strike
« Reply #8 on: 28 Oct 2004, 15:45:51 »
Does anybody know the old game Soviet Strike or Nuclear Strike ???
I would like to make an Apache very similar to the one seen in the game.

It is called Super Apache, but the most sensitive difference is that it can carry 6 passengers, it has a very strong armor and has 4 Sidewinders on wingtip or 2 Fuel Pods.
I'm not interested in carrying people, but I would like to see it armed like the game above, maybe using the arming system of the Mi-28 Havoc.
A model of this chopper already exists, it is the LoBo_EgyptianAH-64 (really Wonderful !!!   ;D  8)   ;D  8) ), but something should be changed...

What do you thing about it ? Is there anybody who would like to help me?  ;)

Dubieman

« Reply #9 on: 28 Oct 2004, 22:43:02 »
Never seen an Apache carrying troops. Must've lost its mosquito look that I'm used to seeing. What's it look like? Mi24 esk? :P

Shalashaska

« Reply #10 on: 29 Oct 2004, 13:49:23 »
Well, it's quite simple: it's a bigger AH-64.   ;)
Have you ever seen the inside (where passengers stay) of a C-130 (there are a lot in OFP) ? It looks like that, but very smaller, only for six persons.
Anyway, I don't need to carry people, I just need someone who helps me in changing a couple of textatures of the BIS AH-64.  ;D
Creating a different Apache which carries soldiers, I believe, it's not so easy.

If there is someone interested, please contact me.  8)

THANKS
![/b]

Shalashaska

OXYGEN
« Reply #11 on: 29 Oct 2004, 13:58:44 »
Ok, maybe this is not the best place for this, but:
can someone give me a link where I can download OXYGEN 3D from?  ???

I tried ofp\breath but it doesn't work
(at least with me). Please help me  :-[  :-[

Thanks !  :D