Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cancel Waypoints  (Read 528 times)

Eltharyon

Cancel Waypoints
« on: 20 Oct 2004, 16:11:09 »
Hey there, I'm new to this forum, I hope I'm putting this in the right place. Anyway, I've been looking all over this place but can't seem to find an answer. Here's my question:

I've got a patrol thats moving into enemy territory (without knowing it). It follows a set route of 'move' waypoints. Once they do encounter enemy forces I would like them to abandon their preset patrol route and return to base instantly. They meet up with some guys there (following some more waypoints) and return to the combat area.

I've got a trigger for the detection set and it works quite well, however I haven't found a way for the group to skip the remaining waypoints on their patrol route and use the "return to base" waypoint instead. Currently they just keep heading deeper into the enemies territory followiing their original patrol. Is there even a decent way to do this?

Thanks for your time
« Last Edit: 20 Oct 2004, 16:11:47 by Eltharyon »

Eltharyon

Re:Cancel Waypoints
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2004, 16:38:29 »
Nevermind!
I've figured out a solution ( I guess I was just being very thick before ). Well, after looking at some more tutorials this is what I did ( if anyone's interested):

Set my detected trigger to "Switch" and synchronized it with the waypoint I wanted to cancel.
Unfortunately synchronizing it with subsequent waypoints had no effect, so I set up a trgigger for each of the waypoints I wanted to cancel and synchronized them with the appropriate WPs. Set those triggers to be true when my first trigger was true and there we go.
Sorry about the previous  post. Maybe this will help others with the same problem though.

Cheers