Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ADDON DEPOT: Donations!  (Read 14613 times)

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:ADDON DEPOT: Donations!
« Reply #15 on: 10 Oct 2004, 00:00:13 »
Say I've got six big ones on my desk just waiting to be donated to a good cause, but I didn't have a credit card, or a banking/ATM card with visa or mastercard in it.
What can I do to get my money help OFPEC be complete?
Actually, if you make a paypal account, you can make it draw money straight from your checking account. That way, there is no need for a debit card with a visa/mastercard logo, or a credit card. Oh yeah, and you can take part in any future class action lawsuits that get filed against them. ::)

@fubby

Why are you so angry, when you've been getting such a great service for free, and now you are being asked (not forced) to just donate a little to help it survive? OFPEC wouldn't be the same if you had to pay to access it... very few people would actually do that. Those that would pay $10 dollars a year to access it can just instead DONATE $10 dollars right now! I assume you have, right?
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #16 on: 10 Oct 2004, 00:09:56 »
WHY YOU SHOULD DONATE
(And why it doesn't have to cost you much)

Everyone should donate to OFPEC. I've done it twice already, and I'm gonna do it again. Here is how I see it: without OFPEC, I wouldn't still be playing/editing OFP, which means I would have been buying some other game(s) in the last 2+ years. Basically, OFPEC has allowed me to get like 4+ games worth of play out of one measly little copy of OFP. Times that by, say, $40 dollars a piece, and OFPEC has saved me $160 dollars! So by donating $20 bucks (edit: euros), even three times, I'm still coming out ahead.

You don't have to make a big donation, and it is hardly difficult to donate. If everyone who uses this site regularly donated $10 dollars, that would be way more than enough to keep things running. And what is 10 bucks? A couple value meals at McD's? A movie and popcorn? A few lattes? I'm sure everyone here spends at least 10 dollars every few weeks on stuff that they don't even remember or care about any more. So why not give it to OFPEC, which you know you can't live without?  8)

C'mon, what are you waiting for? Donate!  :o

« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2004, 00:12:59 by General Barron »
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Zoot04

« Reply #17 on: 10 Oct 2004, 09:20:25 »
Not tryin to be annoyin or anything but u always seem to want people to donate, You wanted people to donate some months ago how much money do you need!

Also if you do not have the space make it, you should of thought about the space taken when you made it  >:(

Instead you want people to give you THERE money which THEY have earned so you can carry on this site  :P There are other OFP site's you know :-X

[shadow=green,left,300]Odd one out () () [] () ()[/shadow]      

Loading 5%...................Loading 10% ...................... Loading 26% ............ Loading 100%  ;D

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 10 Oct 2004, 12:21:51 »
If you're simply going to try and make baseless accusations, how about instead trying to be be accurate, educated and reasoned?

1. In at least the last 18 months, this is only the second time we've asked for donations. Hardly "always wanting people to donate" ::)

2. We have always had harddrive space to host the depot. What we don't have is the BANDWIDTH. We've already exlained it many times, so at this point I'm just going to tell you to try reading previous posts before putting your foot into your mouth on this one.

3. Yes, there are many other fine OFP sites. This is why we are giving the community the CHOICE[/u][/i]. Important word that, look it up in the dictionary if you need to. Read the news post, then carry on reading from here...
Noone is forcing anyone to do anything. Never have, never will. ... If you don't want to help OFPEC, then don't. If you want to help us help the community, then feel free to donate however much or little you feel we deserve. Simple as that.
If anyone else feels like jumping on this bandwagon, read the previous posts first and reply with reasoned and accurate posts. Baseless, uneducated posts do nothing but belittle yourselves and your 'point'...
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2004, 13:00:06 by Noon416 »
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #19 on: 10 Oct 2004, 12:58:11 »
Not tryin to be annoyin or anything but u always seem to want people to donate, You wanted people to donate some months ago how much money do you need!

Also if you do not have the space make it, you should of thought about the space taken when you made it  >:(

Instead you want people to give you THERE money which THEY have earned so you can carry on this site  :P There are other OFP site's you know :-X

[shadow=green,left,300]Odd one out () () [] () ()[/shadow]      

Loading 5%...................Loading 10% ...................... Loading 26% ............ Loading 100%  ;D

But there is no big OFP sites that is as GOOD as OFPEC ;D (only one is is OFPTF ::) :P)

But really, name one OFP site that got it all? Only one is OFPEC...Got the best forum, got good news, nice addon depot, very good and the best editors depot (and about the only site that got it), the best mission depot...do I have to say more? Every OFP player that do not accept OFPEC taking donations when they need it is a infidel ::) ;D

And...umm...they want people to give them the money they have earned? I won't even think about how much the OFPEC staff have given in time and money just to bring this sexy site to everyone who wants it's magnificent information, help, addons etc without paying...and it makes me angry to see people almost accusing OFPEC of robbing your money when they kindly asks you to donate if you can. They give you all this good stuff, and you give them a "Why the **** should I help you? get the money on your own!" pfffft...

oooo...almost forgot ::) General, sir...umm...1: I've bought 3 copies of OFP...OFP, red hammer and resistance, and I guess you have too ::) :P aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...OFP have saved me of a lot more money than that :PI mean...4 years of fun for what? Guess about 60 euros, coutning all 3...another game which I would buy 2 expansion pack for would have entertained me for like...5 months? And yes...without OFPEC I would not have played OFP today...
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2004, 13:04:44 by Garcia »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #20 on: 10 Oct 2004, 13:37:30 »
Total donated so far:-

365 euros[/b]
[/size][/color]

Many, many thanks to all who have helped.   Still a long way to go though.   News post here.

The rumour that this sum is entirely due to THobson giving 10 euros on behalf of each of his wives is utterly false.
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2004, 13:37:43 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #21 on: 10 Oct 2004, 15:40:15 »
Maybe I've got it all wrong, but to me it seems very simple: If you want to donate you give as much money as you are able and willing to part with, to get the addons department up and running agin; if you don't want to donate, you just sit back and relax until someone else takes care of the problem.

End of discussion. And if my 10 € doesn't bring back the addonsdepartment within 14 days I'm going to donate another 10 €.  ;D

I don't think it has to be any more complicated than that, right?
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #22 on: 10 Oct 2004, 15:47:31 »
Maybe I've got it all wrong, but to me it seems very simple: If you want to donate you give as much money as you are able and willing to part with, to get the addons department up and running agin; if you don't want to donate, you just sit back and relax until someone else takes care of the problem.

End of discussion. And if my 10 € doesn't bring back the addonsdepartment within 14 days I'm going to donate another 10 €.  ;D

I don't think it has to be any more complicated than that, right?

* Garcia falls off the chair :o

Can't be more right ;) :-*

HuNtA

« Reply #23 on: 10 Oct 2004, 17:10:13 »
I would donate, cuz I liked the addon depot, but I jus gave my last £5 to a homeless person. Wait! I know!

*runs down street, and takes £5 off homeless person*

j/k ;)

but really, I jus spent all my money on a new fx pedal for my guitar, sorry

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #24 on: 10 Oct 2004, 17:57:11 »
The Avon Lady has posted a picture of HuBBa over on the official forums.

HuNtA, don't worry.   :)   OFPEC has continuous running costs for the rest of the site, so you can send the fiver whenever you next win the pools.     You don't have to wait for a donation run, the donate button works 24/365.

nominesine, I think you put it beautifully.    :)

(You have no idea how much I wish this wretched fourth rate keyboard had a euro sign.)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #25 on: 10 Oct 2004, 20:18:16 »
Hmmmmmmm........my keyboard has a euro currency symbol.

Have you tried ......Right-Alt + 4 ?

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #26 on: 11 Oct 2004, 00:04:55 »
€

Offline Killzone

• Members
  • War is the true Enemy
« Reply #27 on: 11 Oct 2004, 01:49:59 »
Having been a member of this site for a long time it amazes me how many people have excuses for not donating. This site and the people that run it are great. They NEVER force anyone to donate and they run this site voluntarily using up there own time to keep this site going for a game "WE ALL" love.  They answer questions quickly in the forums and have been a big help in some way to most who have come here.  

As a person who is well past his childhood but have always loved computer games this is just another example of a society who wants everything for free, who want people to answer there questions, host their scripts and addons all for free and then pretend they have no money to help out. As poor as most people claim to be on this site you all must be playing this game in a tent.

The very fact that the owners of this site are willing to do this all for free should make everyone want to donate even more.

Some claim there are other sites out there. Yes there are but not one could even hold this sites jock strap.

But this is just one mans opinion.

A big thanks goes out to the ones who keep this site going just because they want to. ;D
"Everyone dies so deal with it and move on"

ME

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #28 on: 11 Oct 2004, 10:14:12 »
Instead you want people to give you THERE money which THEY have earned so you can carry on this site

That's right...

as opposed to HUBBA giving all HIS money to keep this site (which has over 10 THOUSAND registered users) up and running.

I don't think it is at all out of line to ask for a little bit of help every now and then (twice in 18 months :P ::) ).

Look mate, it's your choice to donate or not. Due to the generosity of others, we'll still be here whether you do or don't.

But I find your attitude extremely offensive considering the incredible hard work and personal sacrifices a small group of people (not me btw) have put into this site and this community.

You're entitled to your opinion, but show some friggin respect.

Mattheus

« Reply #29 on: 12 Oct 2004, 09:59:47 »
Hy,
My message will be very short, because my english is very... disastrous (You will foresee, I'm french).
I sent 25 €. It's the least I can do for ofpec. I send the rest in the form of sincere thanks for all the work they done. Especially for the Editor Depot, the most rich ofp editing ressource I found.
I hope it will be enough...

Sincères et amicales salutations.

M.