Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 1950s... from Elvis to the COLD WAR  (Read 1219 times)

Matt Walter

1950s... from Elvis to the COLD WAR
« on: 07 Sep 2004, 21:52:03 »
I think it would be really sweet to have a cold war campaign, maybe going thought the whole cold war wouldn't work because of how many units would be need to be made. But I think a 50s (about 1955) cold war campaign would be sweet (hold on, this isn't really about campaigns). It would be an event that didn't happen against the U.S. and Russian.

(Here is were the addon part comes in) The U.S. changed there look after WW2, as did the Russians- although they did have some same units. I have seen a 50s U.S. plane, but needs something more then machine guns. I even think they U.S. had the M-16 (the Vietnam style) at the near end of the Korean War - I saw a picture... and pictures don't lie... although that picture could have been in the wrong spot.

I would like everything to tanks to planes to helicopters (I got the MASH style chopper) to infantry. Countries like Russia, the U.S., China, and some UN country troops... and heck, maybe North and South Korea troops too. You editor guys now what to do.  ;)

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:1950s... from Elvis to the COLD WAR
« Reply #1 on: 08 Sep 2004, 00:19:41 »
Lol... that's funny considering the name of the game is "Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis", and how most missions are fictional cold-war conflicts between the Soviets and the Americans. Anyway, just kidding, because I know you are talking about 50's cold war units, not 80's cold war units ;). There is a Korean War mod being made though, called "The Forgotten War" mod I think. Check it out on the official forums.

-GB

Oh yeah, and that pictuer must have been misplaced, because I'm 99% sure the m16a1 didn't come along until shortly before the Vietnam war started.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Matt Walter

« Reply #2 on: 08 Sep 2004, 02:35:50 »
THE EVENT ON EVERON NEVER HAPPEND AT ALL!  :o

lol... well I thought is was funny.

Anyway, is this mod going to have Russian troops, because Russia didn't lend troops to eather side of the Korean War.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #3 on: 08 Sep 2004, 04:46:48 »
THE EVENT ON EVERON NEVER HAPPEND AT ALL!

??? Um... yeah I know. ??? I was poking fun at this statement:
I think it would be really sweet to have a cold war campaign...  It would be an event that didn't happen against the U.S. and Russia.
because the 2 of the 3 BIS campaigns are about an event during the cold war that didn't happen, between the US and Russia. :P

Anyway, is this mod going to have Russian troops, because Russia didn't lend troops to eather side of the Korean War.

I think it is only going to be Korean and US troops.... not sure if there are going to be S. Korean troops, and I don't think there will be Chinese troops either. However, the USSR did lend pilots to fly against the Americans in the Korean war, in addition to just sending supplies to the N. Koreans.
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Matt Walter

« Reply #4 on: 08 Sep 2004, 22:52:40 »
Hey, when is said "THE EVENT ON EVERON NEVER HAPPENED AT ALL!" I was acting like *I* thought it happened and you broke the news to me it was fake when you said "how most missions are fictional cold-war conflicts between the Soviets and the Americans" ... it was a joke  ;)

Blast..only North Korean troops and U.S... well I still download it when it comes out. So I guess would anyone wanna make 50s Russian units.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #5 on: 09 Sep 2004, 00:20:52 »
Ah ok, I get it ;)  :D

Perhaps you could search around on some russian OFP sites. Maybe there have been some 50's russians made already.