Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Normandy  (Read 19423 times)

Wilco

Re:Normandy
« Reply #150 on: 23 Jan 2003, 22:53:14 »
Hehe, pertti my friend, I have added your textures, now let me see if it works....

PFC_Mike

« Reply #151 on: 24 Jan 2003, 01:30:27 »
have you considered using resistance textures and trees?

Wilco

« Reply #152 on: 24 Jan 2003, 02:54:52 »
Thats what is there already, but I'm adding costum textures, and one small thing, I get white instead of the dirty sand, Ill try to work on it pertti, ill try......

pertti49

« Reply #153 on: 24 Jan 2003, 03:24:52 »
I whould say it looks stupid to add same tree as 2 versions besauce it took me 4 month to add all those trees and deffenedly NOT going to remove and start another round :(but thanks for the tip anyway they are always wellcome ;D textures: there is no use of resistance sand texture besauce there is no fitted grass and sand texture so u cant make the beaches hills where the sand and grass meet lower hill
greetings:pertti49

Oskar

« Reply #154 on: 25 Jan 2003, 02:52:06 »
i think the normandy map looks a bit odd but very good for this verision first of all.
here is a short comments list of ur map

Textures: The textures doesnt look that odd they are like squares and it looks twice so odd in the air u should make them blend into the other textures for an example, make the sand blend into the grass, there is a tutorial on how to make that somewhere here on ofpec.

Terrain: TOO MUCH FLAT GROUND lol, i know it was pretty flat on normandy but not that much. And i think u should think about the tress, i dont think thress grow in 400 years just around a road with no tress besides it, EDIT! lol, and the tress at the fields, lol i dont think it looks like that, hedgerows maybe but i know there is no hedgerows in ofp for now but why dont just add bushes? looks the same almsot.

The Beach: The beach, well there is the texture thing again, squares, lalala, some houses, it was pretty good overall on the beach not much complain on that.

Overall: 6/10 points, the map looks very promising and with the texture thing fixed and the map filled out it will be a 10 scorer u'll see, good mapping in the future.

Oskar over and out

pertti49

« Reply #155 on: 29 Jan 2003, 09:59:47 »
Here is some pics of my outcoming Omaha

pertti49

« Reply #156 on: 29 Jan 2003, 10:02:39 »
Here is beach after battle as u can see allied will take very heavy casulties like real precent was 70% so do u feel lucky ;D :gunman: :noo:

bringer_25

« Reply #157 on: 29 Jan 2003, 16:29:44 »
nice pics but i think their needs to be more bunkers

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #158 on: 29 Jan 2003, 20:16:33 »
you got the bunkers in the map pbo file ???

pertti49

« Reply #159 on: 29 Jan 2003, 22:30:02 »
First u cant see the whole beach in the pic ;) the bungers will be in historical correctly places :) and mission is in very early stage.Second the bungers are added with game editor not wrp, so dont worry ill keep u guys up to date when ill releash next version, mut now i am going to keep little brake besauce i have made that map now 4 months and really bored to make anymore so ill need to rest and have fun with making missions some time ;D

GCGoquingco

« Reply #160 on: 06 Feb 2003, 10:45:34 »
So, what's the newest news bout the map pertti? :D

pertti49

« Reply #161 on: 06 Feb 2003, 17:43:57 »
I am going to keep little free from map, doing the beta stage 4 months so i believe u understand ;) no iam making missions as u have seen below, waiting US infantry and rangers addon.

Frosty

« Reply #162 on: 07 Feb 2003, 07:31:16 »
You really shouldn't rate anything based on a beta test, Oskar. Good to see your opinions, but be fair, all your rating is going to do is lower Pertti's morale. Once, he reachs v1, perhaps you can rate it, but c'mon, beta 1. It's like buying a PC mag and seeing them r8 the l8est previews and betas. It really would deter you from purchasing it, wouldn't it?

OK, sorry about that, Pertti, I really like it and have no problemos with it considering its just a test. But in your future version, probably 2 releases from now, could you put in shrubs? It just makes the terrain look a little bare.

And lastly, please pertti, do NOT place the bunkers on the WRPEdit map. bad idea. What if the editor wants to move them? Mmm, yes. You can just release a template with them.

Plizkin

« Reply #163 on: 07 Feb 2003, 16:32:59 »
Very good !
But where we can download the Antitank barrel`s and that stuff ? ???

Offline benreeper

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #164 on: 12 Feb 2003, 21:59:46 »
Hey how about a miniature map of Europe.  Of course it wouldn't be to scale but it would have all of the features to recreate the war on a 100 ~ 200 unit scale.  Features such as a small Britain (to set up an invasion), Normandy, Paris, Ardennes, Berlin and Stalingrad.

It's not realistic but at least I could feel like I'm marching across Europe while playing one the RTS style games people are making now.  Oh Russia would be in snow.

Ben