Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Normandy  (Read 19343 times)

pertti49

Re:Normandy
« Reply #15 on: 04 Oct 2002, 15:29:25 »
Yes textures has been blended ;) and u can see i have made cliffs in the backround.I have problem with seawall, besauce the aream, eaven if ill use one side of the cell is too wide when i rise the level so if u whant to get enough high cover for bungers mg-fire the seawall have to be 10m high because there is no way to get thin rise.Same problem whe making trenches if u lower whole cell the trench will be 10m wide and to fit that like 4m wide u need 3 lines of sandbags in both sides lol and the trenches arent never very short, one cell need 60 bags and 100m long it will be 600 bags too much objects and the sides arent directly straight they are curved dam i hate these creative limits ;)

greetings:pertti49

Frosty

« Reply #16 on: 05 Oct 2002, 05:51:51 »
Hey, you could always make a model for the seawall and place it on the map. You know like how you place trees and houses. And you could also make a trench model - believe me, it is possible.

TkKivi

« Reply #17 on: 05 Oct 2002, 09:50:31 »
Any possibility that Pertti you will use custom ground textures?

For example you could use the textures of the ZafanaƂ's ground textures if you ask the permission of the author (DRB)

You can download it here :
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=islands

They are real good!

pertti49

« Reply #18 on: 05 Oct 2002, 15:34:36 »
Yes that is possible but AI cant use them like use in a trench u can put it set unitpos"up" command to stand in it but if u like the allied example run in to the trench to take it over no way man sorry ;) and AI cant run over the modelled seawall they need ground of map they start to round it form nearest place :(

Frosty

« Reply #19 on: 06 Oct 2002, 10:38:25 »
I believe it may be possible. BIS did it with the forests, if you notice they follow routes in between the trees. Nothing is impossible: except defing the laws of the universe, and in particular, gravity (which I attempted once with unpleasant results).

pertti49

« Reply #20 on: 06 Oct 2002, 12:32:20 »
But as u know the routes between trees are ground and thats the reason why the can go trough forest but if u make seawall addon its one piece no land on it so AI can use only these routes=no routes=no going over, AI just find the nearest way to round it and continue to the waypoint sorry mate :(

BNT_overlord

« Reply #21 on: 06 Oct 2002, 14:50:45 »
...I know that  >:( problem....
But maybe if someone make a seawall, maybe he can make it with two sort of part : one normal and one destroyed whith a hole... And then, maybe the AI can make soldiers going throught the hole of that damaged part of the seawall. ;)..What do you think about that pertti ? Do you think it's possible  ???
 for my map i only used the walls who are in the game and they are not really the same like the real one...(and of course i've got the same problem like your) I hope someone will make one....

pertti49

« Reply #22 on: 07 Oct 2002, 04:32:52 »
I believe that the next version of the wrp support the smaller cell size maybe whe wait that :D

pertti49

« Reply #23 on: 09 Oct 2002, 11:51:49 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

GCGoquingco

« Reply #24 on: 09 Oct 2002, 13:56:59 »
1) That looks REALLY cool! :o
2) What town is that?
3) If it's ok, could you take off houses in the beach? :) It makes the place look bad.  :(

btw.
GOOD WORK! Keep it up!  ;)

BNT_overlord

« Reply #25 on: 09 Oct 2002, 15:03:23 »
I suppose it's a view of Vierville's town, just behind the beach and DOG One exit.....
continue your job...

I know it's not realy easy, sometime i think it's too big for me, i may stop my map, it's too mutch work too try to create this as real as possible, cause i've got some others works...  but sometime when i see some messages sended in the differents forums, i think ..Ok wake up ! continue... it will be great!

So, keep it up Pertti ;D
and continue your Map, its good work ....

pertti49

« Reply #26 on: 09 Oct 2002, 23:32:41 »
Tx for support! i will need that and feel also often that hey i have used maybe 150h to do the map and still the area size that has made now is like piss of ant lol :D Lt.Speirs,its the Vierville-sur-Mer there was houses behind the seawall so lets keep the realistic way, but thanks for notising its good besauce the area is so big and cant always notise all detiles ;)

pertti49

« Reply #27 on: 16 Oct 2002, 15:47:20 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Raiden

« Reply #28 on: 17 Oct 2002, 03:54:15 »
hey pertti you guys doin all the beaches i see, well how large are the beaches going to be, isn ofp running on a 10X10 i thought??? oh and is it all one big map or a few

pertti49

« Reply #29 on: 17 Oct 2002, 07:21:37 »
Actual size is if i remember correct 12,8x12,8km and its going to be one map and all the beaches will be fitted on it ;) after the Normandy i will continue making my other projects like i have done Wake island quite lot allready and North-Africa