Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sniper tree  (Read 1508 times)

magnar

Sniper tree
« on: 19 Aug 2004, 03:48:10 »
I was thinking, one thing that may be pretty cool to have is a tree that you could climb into and snipe from, or put AI units in.  The towers in the game dont really fit into a battlefield type of scenerio, and dont really seem appropraite in the woods.  Think of being in a forrest or woodline and having to scan the trees for enemy snipers.  This could make engagements in woods and forrests pretty interesting............what do you think? :-*    

Dubieman

Re:Sniper tree
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2004, 03:54:55 »
Its in resistance v1.75, a tree with a little treehosue in it. Its pretty camoed too.

Look for it in an editor addon or it might be standard in editor... :P

magnar

« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2004, 09:19:45 »
ya, but I was thinking about a tree with no other objects on it.  Something like one of the pine trees, or maybe resistance trees like on Nogova, except that it allowed you to be, say 3/4rs of the way up it.   Maybe laying on a branch or something.  It was just a thought, probably stayed up too late last night. :P

PaulRPG

« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2004, 11:25:29 »
just make a tree and put a path on 1 of the branches

bootneckofficer

« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2004, 20:59:37 »
It would be fun, but in real life snipers don't use trees    they offer no protection and are too obvious and would only result in detection and capture. hmm grizzly!

bootneckofficer

bigdog632

« Reply #5 on: 21 Sep 2004, 10:04:49 »
could use it in nam missions for those little suicidal sappers

EX-PARA

« Reply #6 on: 09 Oct 2004, 17:35:26 »
Yes bootneckofficer is quite right in what he says, let's leave that kind of thing to the movies shall we.

EX-PARA

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #7 on: 09 Oct 2004, 18:52:35 »
Hmm, I think they are used in dense jungles.. Your unlikely to find a decent sniper positoin low down..
Like webing staped between 2 branches..
If you've ever read a book by andy mcnab, Last Light (I think that the title..), it says a bit about it..
Of course in an open space, your not gonna hide in a tree, but jungles are different :P

Dunno, but I guess they musta been used Veitnam... But I've not really read anything about that (A few films it all, and like ex-para said, they're not always very realistic :P)
- Ben

Lean Bear

« Reply #8 on: 13 Oct 2004, 18:27:03 »
True, but, of course, if you weren't expecting a sniper in a tree, it would be a suprise. And, possibly an advantage. If you think about it; you're on a patrol through a forest, suddenl, one of your men falls dead with a headshot. You look around, nothing. You look up, nothing. It would be pretty hard to spot a well camoed sniper in a tree covered with foliage.

Easy to make, by the way, magnar. And for climbing the tree, you could use the "climbladder" anim/action.--Just re-phrase the name of course ;)

Like webing staped between 2 branches..
Really? What kind of webbing are we talking about here? Do you mean, like nets or something? Or the webbing you wear with all your pouches for ammo, water bottles etc. ?

Dubieman

« Reply #9 on: 13 Oct 2004, 22:50:03 »
I think he means like a big hammock you shoot from. lol hammock.... :D ::)

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #10 on: 13 Oct 2004, 23:35:14 »
Yup :P
- Ben