Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Looking for help?I need some addons made post haste!  (Read 700 times)

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
I would like ask anyone here who is good at making certain mods, AND IM NOT LOOKING TO RECRUIT OR MAKE A TEAM ADMIN so plz dont rebuke me ;D.

I am not good at Oxegen or am not familiar with it and would probably take me a whole year to figure it out, I mean, I'd really like to make my own addons with my own sounds but I just dont have the time to sit down and try to figure it all out.Maybe one at a time but I'd really lie to make a pack for some missions I am going to create and instead of gathering packs and different addons from others I was thinking of amking a pack with the most used in modern day conflict now.  I have my own sounds to add and would really apreciate some help.And if needed would offer a contribution for the work.      I am needing :

M249
M240 or FN MAG
RPK
Galil
FNFAL
PSG or Bushmaster
AK74
Browning M2 mounted HUMVEE
HK 21 possibly

Its just I'd like to ad them along with missions i would make so toincrease the variety in a mission and the sounds.Plz, anyone. :-[

Thx

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:Looking for help?I need some addons made post haste!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2004, 09:43:49 »
I'm sure that almost all (if not all) of those weapons have already been made by different people. For example, I know there are lots of versions of the M249 and M240 mgs out there (BAS, MAP, etc). I'm not a big addon nut, so I couldn't give you any specific links, but I know the stuff is out there.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Coldfire

« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2004, 15:23:56 »
The FN FAL, AK-74, and the RPK exist in game already (duh), but if your looking for different versions; DKM made a FNFAL pack awhile ago, theres about a thousand diferent versions of the AK-74; I recomend geting INQ's weapon pack, it comes with some good AKs, as well as a M60 unless im mistaken. And finaly i think the VIT made a version of the RPK... i'll look for it.

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2004, 15:50:34 »
Cool.   Well the FN FAL,which pbo is it under?This would be the OFP version right?I wanted to change the sound of it cuase it is kinda weak.Too, the reason I wanted freshly made ones is cause (no offence to modders as they are more talented than me) so i can add sound to them myself.I tried to crack open other mods to add my own sound but the folder end up empty and no sound file to modify for my own preference.  So i was hoping to either get help making some and adding my sounds to them or else just having someone make them and I can add the sound. I mean, there are some weapons out there with some darned sounds close to the real thing but a majority of addons sound way to Hollywood style. Thx bro.

bigdog632

« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2004, 21:26:42 »
ive seen all of these on ofp.info except possibly the galil but i think the israeli mods would have that(i tihnk)

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #5 on: 18 Aug 2004, 22:01:31 »
I will agree with you, Chammy: the sounds used by most addonmakers are very weak, compared to a real-life gunshot sound. That especially goes for the default BIS weapons, too. You know something's wrong when you can be getting shot at, but not be able to hear who is shooting at you. ???
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2004, 01:33:48 »
Very true.The FNFAL in OFP is pretty weak and Im trying to find the PBO to correct it but i dont know which one it is.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #7 on: 19 Aug 2004, 02:07:40 »
The model itself is in O\Guns.

The config entry is in O\config.bin

class FALBase.........

........class Single
                 sound[]={"\O\Guns\fal_g3_single.wss",10.000000,1};

........class FullAuto

sound[]={"\O\Guns\fal_g3_single.wss",10.000000,1};

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.