Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Wirecutters?  (Read 970 times)

Karik

Wirecutters?
« on: 17 Feb 2005, 19:29:45 »
Would it be possible to make somesort of wirecutters? They could be equipped instead of pistol and would be capable of "cutting" those fences with metallic net. Seems quit stupid that in infiltration mission simple wirefence can block way.

Propably wirecutters need some (heavy?) scripting?

HuNtA

Re:Wirecutters?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2005, 20:09:10 »
its not that hard. All it needs is an eventhandler to tell when the weapon is fired, then a script that cycles through the 50 closest objects and checks wether theyre any of the classes that the wirefence is, then delete it. Job done, simple.

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2005, 21:52:43 »
I did a breech fence script where when your guy gets close to a fence an action is added <Breech Fence>.  When you breech the fence is it "lifted about .5 M off the ground and you can then crawl under it.  But the version I did only allows a fence to be breeched if you first put a special trigger near the fence.  I like the idea of doing a "nearestObject" search that checks every second or so if there is a wire fence near the player.  I was going to post this script at the editor depot, but maybe I will update it with the "nearestobject" search idea first.  Also, I am still working on the script that gets your squad to crawl under the fence behind you.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2005, 07:23:42 »
I'd suggest going about this using only scripting; i.e. something similar to what Raptorsaurus was saying. No need to create an addon when the script is what is doing all the work...
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Karik

« Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2005, 10:59:25 »
Point of making addon for this is that only unit equipped with wirecutters is able to cut the fence. Anyway, I have no idea how to make addons or scripts so I leave it to someone who does.