Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: coop respawn  (Read 1388 times)

repta

coop respawn
« on: 31 Jul 2004, 21:36:28 »
hey, i have a question. Could someone walk me through how to put a coop respawn in a game. I have 2 east players on seperate teams and i want them to respawn in one spot, not random. Please walk me through this and explain every detail( i dont kno code worth crap). Thanx

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:coop respawn
« Reply #1 on: 01 Aug 2004, 00:01:42 »
This kind of respawn is called "base" respawn.

First you'll need to create a marker and name it as respawn_east. It can be of type empty so no-one can see it or a dot or what ever.

Then you'll make a new file to the mission's folder and name it as description.ext and insert these lines of code

respawn="base"
respawndelay=20

save the mission and try it in MP. That should do it.

Of course all of this and more is in the sticky Respawning topic, but sometimes it good to have more topics than one or a hundred.  ;D
Not all is lost.

repta

« Reply #2 on: 01 Aug 2004, 23:25:06 »
it didnt work. i just came back as a bird.are u sure that's all i have to put in for code, no beginning stuff or end stuff.
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2004, 23:27:41 by repta »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #3 on: 02 Aug 2004, 15:26:14 »
Make sure your discription.ext (Spelling ::)) is not discription.ext.txt
Go into your mission's folder, and look for the file.. If it has a notepad icon.. You've not changed the bit in notepad, where it says "Text Files (*.txt)" to "All Files (*.*)"
Then save it again..

Or, another way to test, type a bunch of rubbish in the description.ext file, then try to load your mission.. It should crash to desktop.. If not, you've not got the file name right..
Remeber to deltete the rubbish for the file tho ;)
- Ben

repta

« Reply #4 on: 02 Aug 2004, 16:00:53 »
i saved it as all files and changed it to ext and made sure hide extentions was off and it still doesnt work. i turn into a bird. if i try to edit the map w/ the respawn it crashes.

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
« Reply #5 on: 03 Aug 2004, 14:19:10 »
very strange.....maybe attach your mision here and we can spot something, or at least attach you description.ext

NoMaD

« Reply #6 on: 03 Aug 2004, 22:47:59 »
Greets.
Are you trying to respawn while  testing the mission in the editor?  Respawn wont work in editor, you goto try it in multiplayer.
In your Description file you should have this...
respawn = "base"
respawndelay = 5
};      . .
The markers Name   for East = respawn_east  . West= respawn_west  .
Small prob ive encountered using this method is the Unit respawns with an M16/Ak47  with only 1 mag.

repta

« Reply #7 on: 04 Aug 2004, 21:31:19 »
this is what my description file says:

respawn="base"
respawndelay=5

thats it.

NoMaD

« Reply #8 on: 06 Aug 2004, 12:13:51 »
add,

};