Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: zombie scripts anyone?  (Read 1762 times)

static

zombie scripts anyone?
« on: 29 Jul 2004, 02:27:49 »
hey, i havn't posted in a while but i was wondering...  i know i have seen things on the net about making zombie like creatures in OFP(ex. Nogova Virus), but i was just wondering if anyone knows how, or where i could find the information, thanks...  to be more specific, im not quite sure what i need, but im thinking a script to make civilians, be attracted to west, east, or resistance soldiers, and to slowly cause damage to them... hopefully you can understand better that way
« Last Edit: 05 Aug 2004, 03:55:28 by static »

Offline Nemesis6

• Members
Re:zombies
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2004, 02:59:48 »
What information are you looking for exactly? How to make a script? How to make a zombie-creature? Please be more specific.
I am actually flying into a star... this is incredible!

static

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2004, 04:40:06 »
someone please respond, it would be a great help

Cannon

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2004, 06:03:57 »
Well, not being really sure what you want but.. here are some hints:

You can check if the "rotten" civilians are close to your guys with distance:
? zombies distance soldiers < 15 : goto "contagious"

You can dammage your guys progessively with setdammage and get their dammage with getdammage.

#contagious
_damage = soldiers getdammage
soldiers setdammage _damage - 0.1
exit

(im not too sure about that script but I guess you get the idea, also, ask someone for blood stains and such, because I got no idea how to put em there)

You could also dmg the guy even more if the infected civilian touches him (bites him?).... or just convert him maybe (kill him and move some infected civilian to his position), like:

? guy1 not alive : goto "converted"
#converted
_wheredead = guy1 getpos
zombie1 setpos _wheredead
exit

I would suggest you check for an hallucination script somewhere in forum when someone is nearby a zombie and he is getting infected... that would be cool. :)

There is also a "drunken-like" playmove around I think, that might suit your zombies :P

Oh I almost forgot, to get attracted by a side... I guess you could create a move waypoint and change its position.... respect with your soldiers or guys... just keep getting your guys position every some time and update the waypoint?

I hope this helps a bit, its almost 7:00 and Im hell tired....
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2004, 06:09:08 by Cannon »

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jul 2004, 19:11:08 »
Heheh, the haulucinating script was part of my code, but I've not got round to that part yet :P
But it's here anyway

- Ben

static

« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2004, 21:20:41 »
thanks guys, i think that will work... if it doesnt i will get back to, thx for your time

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #6 on: 01 Aug 2004, 01:30:37 »
Do a search on the official forums for the "Unified Zombie Pack". It is an addon that uses improved versions of the zombie script from the Skye Virus mission. It also makes things simpler for the mission designer, since you only have to do like 2 things to get the units working right.

But wait until my Vampires addon gets released with Kueter's "D vs the Undead" campaign. My units are WAY better than those zombies!  :P My vamps leap around and throw cars at you.  8) Plus I got flaming skeletons and hell hounds  :-*
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

static

« Reply #7 on: 04 Aug 2004, 06:12:49 »
dude!  that sounds really awesome, thanks for the easier steps, but im not saying i dont appreciate everyone elses help too, peace

static

« Reply #8 on: 04 Aug 2004, 06:55:13 »
alright, well i got the zombies, but they dont show up, they are actual addons which kinda suck cause i wanted to play with other people, and how do i get the zombies to attack, thye just stand around and look dead :)  thx

Kaliyuga

« Reply #9 on: 04 Aug 2004, 07:17:36 »
they are actual addons which kinda suck cause i wanted to play with other people

If the people you play with are afraid of addons, then you should find some other people to play with because they are missing out..

I came across some of those people on GaySpy back in the day,

addonphobics   ::)

not including Mod folders and my folder of addons that don't see regular use, I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 addons in my OFP directory  currently  ;D

couldn't imagine limiting myself to BIS stuff only .. especially at this point ;D

« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2004, 07:20:07 by Kaliyuga »

static

« Reply #10 on: 04 Aug 2004, 17:12:04 »
i agree with you all they way, addons are cool, but i dont think people will go to all of the trouble as to adding a file as big as the zombie mod onto their computer... i was hoping just to find the scripts for the zombies that do not involve addons of any sort.  and even the music i got doesnt work for others, its kinda a drag.  later folks

static

« Reply #11 on: 04 Aug 2004, 17:12:48 »
oh yeah and another thing, how do you get your picture to work on the left ???

Nulear_Man

Re:zombie scripts anyone?
« Reply #12 on: 04 Aug 2004, 18:02:42 »
200 hahahahaha (Ive Got around 800)

Kaliyuga

« Reply #13 on: 04 Aug 2004, 20:50:58 »
to get your pic to work, you need to upload it to a website and then link to it on your profile...

just keep in mind that most of the free webhosts do not allow direct linking of images, so your pic may still not work if you're using one of those hosts..

if you need someone to host an image for you, I can do that, just send me an instant message and I'll let you know where to send me your picture and get back to you with a link

BTW... always nice to see another female OFP player, there are a few around ;D

:cheers:
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2004, 20:52:40 by Kaliyuga »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #14 on: 04 Aug 2004, 22:25:46 »
I've always had a feeling that there are more ladies than you might think around here.    8)
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

static

« Reply #15 on: 04 Aug 2004, 22:53:54 »
who me?  im a male, not saying girls are bad, just hoping its not a misconception... but yeah, i never really thought that girls were into all that war bullshit, or video games at least

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #16 on: 04 Aug 2004, 23:17:04 »
Strange........your profile does state you are female.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

static

« Reply #17 on: 05 Aug 2004, 02:22:04 »
whoops  :-[

static

« Reply #18 on: 05 Aug 2004, 03:07:05 »
can you remove this topic, it kinda got off topic, or how can i remove it myself?

Kaliyuga

« Reply #19 on: 05 Aug 2004, 08:48:07 »
 We don't remove things.. you always have the option to close your own topic by hitting the little "solve" button ;D

Didn't mean anything.. just saw on your profile it said female  :P