Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: End once all objectives = done?  (Read 593 times)

ocnick

End once all objectives = done?
« on: 26 Jul 2004, 23:40:40 »
Ok, I know this has been answered before.  Hell I even saw it on here.  But I've been searching for hours and can't find it again.  

I've been putting stuff in the END Trigger's Act. field like:
"1" == "done", but I couldn't get any of that to work.  If someone could point me to the thread or give me a quick reminder, that'd be way cool.

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
Re:End once all objectives = done?
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2004, 23:53:44 »
"1" objStatus "Done"  :-* ;)

choose betw. done, failed, active & hidden

CHEERS,

DON  8) ;D

ocnick

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2004, 00:12:07 »
Thank's for the reply tomb, but I guess I wasn't very clear on what I don't understand.

I'm trying to end the mission once the player is in a certain location and 2 objectives have been completed.  I know how to make an objective done, hidden, and all that good stuff.  I'm just not sure on what syntax to put in the activation field of the end trigger, to check if both of the 2 objectives have been completed.

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2004, 00:22:56 »
 :D aah, well then... there are plenty of ways! one of 'em goes like this:

Say, I gotta kill two morons. the first d00d is obj#1 and the other is #2, right.
Then a trigger checks if guy1 is dead, and its activ. field goes like:

"1" objStatus "DONE"; Guy1hasHadHisLastBeer=True

....and similar for guy#2, coz then my END trigger could go like this (in the >>CONDITION<< field  :o :) :

Guy1hasHadHisLastBeer AND Guy2hasHadHisLastBeer  ::) ;D hm?!

See? the end trigger just needs some conditions... in its condition field. You can just make up some line of babel.
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2004, 00:25:31 by Tomb »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2004, 00:42:08 »
You're mad Tomb.   Stark raving bazonka mad, m8, sorry.  ;D

If guy1 is dead, right, he'd be going to heaven, right?    And you're not telling me there's no beer in heaven.   8)  
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

ocnick

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2004, 01:06:10 »
Ok, I just tried this and I got problems.

Here's what I'm doing:

Mission Objectives:  Clear base, blow bridge, retreat to jungle.

In the trigger that declares the base clear, sets objective 1 do "done."  I put baseclear=true.  

In the trigger that declares when the bridge is blown and sets obj. 2 to "done", I put bridgedead=true.

In the end trigger, i have an ellipse set where I want them to retreat (which they do), and have it set for East present.  In the condition field of this trigger I have:
this and baseclear and bridgedead, with the on activation field having: "3" objstatus "done".

But now, as soon as I blow the bridge, it ends.  Is this because I am doing this wrong, or is some stray player in the Present area?  How would I detect if the player was in the End trigger area?

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #6 on: 27 Jul 2004, 01:15:07 »
well, setup the end trigger like this:

cond. field :
this && beerDone && brewDone

Then hit F2 and drag a grpLine between YOU and the dang trigger.
then only YOU can make it fire!!!
(assuming you know that beerDone & brewDone are the two objectives.. or three, whatever)  :)
then the trigg shouldn't fire before YOU run into its radius. But the mission will end just as you walk into the trigger, unless you put a delay to the trigger, the "countdown" fields)

==========

:o :) oh, and @ mac :

Not! See, I didnt say that guy1 actually goes to HEAVEN once he's dead. Nor did I say
that heaven is beerless... But you see, mac, guy2 and guy1 probably both love beer, only they cant
really enjoy it @ the local once Blunt has done their objectives... the beer, see?!!! its very simple!  :)

::)

now, if you gents will excuse me.... my ol' lady is calling.  8) ;D nity-nite

« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2004, 01:17:50 by Tomb »

ocnick

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jul 2004, 02:06:00 »
Cheers Tomb  :cheers:!  It worked!

Thanks a lot for your help, and your time :).