Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Changing Units in snYpir Support Pack  (Read 345 times)

Demmun

Changing Units in snYpir Support Pack
« on: 25 Jul 2004, 00:42:33 »
Greeting all,

I am using the support pack created and compiled by snYpir.

To begin with I think the scripts are great. I am enjoying them very much.

As a closet mission builder I love to explore the realism of the game as much as possible. What I would like to do is make some small changes to the types of vehicles and men that are used in the scripts. All of the changes I want to make are ascetic only.

As an example; instead of a standard OFP UH60 arriving when an extraction is called for I would like to have a BAS Littlebird arrive for the extraction.

As an example; instead of standard OFP Black Ops arriving when SF reinforcements are called for I would like to use MARPAT Marines.

I can by no means be called a "Scripter" but I can make simple changes within existing scripts to get the effects I desire.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I thank you ahead of time for anytime you may spend working on my problem.

- Demmun

Offline Wadmann

• OFPEC Patron
  • I'm the next evolutionary step after a llama!
Re:Changing Units in snYpir Support Pack
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2004, 17:37:59 »
Hello Demmun!

We should be able to get those units into your mission in no time! There is another topic that you can read here where I informed another gamer how to make some of these types of changes. It could answer some other questions that you may have with this great pack that snYpir made for us!

First open up the appropiate init_xxxxx.sqs (that would be the init_extraction.sqs and the init_reinforce.sqs as per your question). In the init_extraction.sqs, look for this line:

Code: [Select]
_west_mission_one_bh        =  ["1 x Blackhawk",1,0,[35,40],["UH60"],false,60,[]]
You will need to change the "UH60" to the name of the Littlebird (check the BAS readme) and the name "Blackhawk" to "Littlebird" also. Save your changes and presto, you will now have Littlebirds saving you from an untimely demise!

As for the reinforcements, same basic idea but a little more involved. Look in your "init_reinforce.sqs" and you will see this heading: "
; PREDEFINED ARRAYS FOR REINFORCEMENTS".

You may either amend one of the line or (and I would do it this way) make a new line that looks something like this:

_MAP_squad = [["xxx",1],["xxx",2],["xxx",3]]
You will need to get the names of the unit types that you want in your reinforcing squad and then replace the "xxx" with these units. My example will make three different types of units, one type with one unit (your squad leader), one type with two units (maybe MGs) and one type with three units (riflemen).

You will then have to modify (or add) a line in the "; PREDEFINED ARRAYS FOR REINFORCEMENTS" section. To get your units to reinforce from a chopper, take this line:

_mission_west_land_chopper  = ["2 x SF teams - land",2,0,  [35,40],  ["UH60MG"], false,[["CHOPPER_LAND"],              _sf_team,       _patrol,_no_join]]
and change it like so:

_mission_west_MAP_land_chopper  = ["2 x Marine Squads- land",2,0,  [35,40],  ["UH60MG"], false,[["CHOPPER_LAND"],              _MAP_squad,       _patrol,_no_join]]
You will then have to change add a line in the
"; define REINFORCEMENTS/RESUPPLIES (missions + bases)" section like so:

_reinforce_west_MAP_chopper   = ["MAP Chopper Debus",   _base_west_rappel,  _mission_west_MAP_land_chopper, [],[],-1,-1]
The last thing you must do is to add this line to the final array under "
; ** REINFORCEMENTS AND RESUPPLIES AVAILABLE IN-GAME **" like this:

sny_arty_var_reinforcement_array = [_reinforce_west_MAP_chopper,_reinforce_west_rappel,_reinforce_west_chopper,_reinforce_west_paradrop1,_reinforce_west_paradrop2,_reinforce_west_mechinf1,_reinforce_west_mechinf2,_reinforce_west_inf1,_reinforce_west_inf2,_reinforce_west_resupply1,_reinforce_west_resupply2,_reinforce_east_paradrop1,_reinforce_east_resupply1]
Save all of this in your mission folder and you should have new units and vehicles when you use the SP/MP Support Pack. Let me know if this worked for you.

Wadmann

Check out my Camouflage Collection! New items added 31 July 2005.

Demmun

Re:Changing Units in snYpir Support Pack
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2004, 08:13:48 »
Worked geat, thank you.

- Demmun