Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addon Problem  (Read 773 times)

Offline MythPro1

• Members
  • That is not your daddy's shotgun, Cowboy!!!
Addon Problem
« on: 20 Jul 2004, 01:36:49 »
Hi all, im having a bit of a problem with all of my addons. I know this might not be the correct forum to post in about this but I feel this one is quicker and more knowledgeable.
I'm coming back after a year or so reprieve and i reinstall everything including the 1.96 patches.
Now when i put my addon files into the correct directories they will not show up in the map editor listings.
I know it should work because it was the same way i did it the last time and all worked correctly.
Was there something new in the patches that is changing the way it works? I know it worked with the 1.90 patch.
I tried looking into the mod folders information in the Avon Lady FAQ but I don't believe that information will prove helpful to me.
Any assistance to this problem will be much appreciated.

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
Re:Addon Problem
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2004, 03:34:24 »
Have you made a AddOns Folder in your mod folders ? Your Addons need to be in the AddOns Folder

Greetings
Kuro

Offline MythPro1

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2004, 03:42:56 »
I dont have a mod folder its just the plain Addon folder, i stick all of my PBO files in there. There isn't any subfolders within that directory and they still dont show up in the the editor.

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jul 2004, 05:43:54 »
If you put the AddOns in the OFP/Res/AddOns Folder or in the OFP/AddOns Folder you should be able to use them in the Editor.
Note: some bad perpared AddOns are not visible in the Editor.

Greetings Kuro

Offline MythPro1

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jul 2004, 06:26:08 »
Maybe the addons i am using are old. Using Kegety's Winter Kolgujev and Vehicles Mod
Also using a few DKM-Mod addons. They have appeared in the editor before, I do not understand why they aren't now. Perhaps i will do a fresh installation

Offline MythPro1

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jul 2004, 17:40:44 »
Well after the fresh installation I have found out that it still does not work.  ???
I do not understand why it is not. This is really pissing me off.