Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI can't cross Bridges? WTF?  (Read 1061 times)

Chaos_Creator

AI can't cross Bridges? WTF?
« on: 21 Sep 2002, 16:42:35 »
I'm making a mission where I have the west assault the nogova bridge, which is defended on both sides by the East. Everything is great..except the damn AI soldiers seem to stop in the middle of the bridge about 75% of the time where they just end up getting chewed to pieces by the EAST. :hmm:

I give them the column waypoint on the other side of the bridge, so while they cross the group is less likely to try and bump against the sides of the bridge, but I can't use careless mode, because that's not very realistic. The soldiers would shoulder their weapons and look like acid heads walking around in the middle of a firefight.  ::)

Does anyone have a suggestions for getting the AI across the bridge reliably? What good is a bridge if the computer can't use it well?

???

Thanks,

Chaos_Creator

seanver

Re:AI can't cross Bridges? WTF?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2002, 16:55:48 »
Hmmm create two or threw waypoints along the bridge

mcnils

« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2002, 07:35:10 »

AI does not advance if under fire, they automaticly take cover... i do not hawe encountered problems crossing bridges with soldiers (if not in a fire fight), but with tanks yes, if there is more than one tank you can be shure that they will all get stuck in a light pole (witch anyway does not shine at night -.-)

Chaos_Creator

« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2002, 15:00:14 »
Thanks for all your help.  ::) Another wonderful bug. Maybe I can whack the enemy first and get them across the bridge then bring in enemy reinforcements.