Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 3 questnz:custom lights making,fix position when moveincargo,help to find weapon  (Read 625 times)

Andy JOKER

Hello,soldierz!
Well, can anyone help me in my troublez?

1) Where i can get standart BIS lightposts cpp config?
I wanna make a directional light (Projector) with possibility to change its horizontal AND VERTICAL direction.
Someone alwayz make the same... It uses car class vehicle with "setBehaviour" command to light on. But it's possible to change azimuth only,not vertical angle... :(
I make the "Projector tower light" script, that randomly "scans" terrain,but only in one axis. I wanna second one.
Maybe it's possible to make in "low level" scripting using the OFP core engine? But how?

1.1) Well, another thing that i want is make lights with short  range lighting (5-10meters) not flashing like drops, and lights "constantly" like streetlamps. Streetlamp addon can't allow it.  :-\

2) I have a plain, for example, c-130 or an-124 with more cargo places. I want soldier to move in cargo on specified place, not on empty cargo place in pilot cabin, and on cargo place that located in center of plane. How?

3) Once, i saw some weapon in OFP. It was 4 barelled Rocket launcher, like m298 (?) in Soldier of Fortune 1, or like from "Commandos" movie. I still can't find this addon for a long time...  :'(  ANYBODY,PLZ HELP ME!

Andy JOKER

...any suggestions...?

2) I have found the solution: fill up cargo with gamelogic, then moveincargo players and AI.

Damn, why BIS allow to change azimuth only?  >:(
Is it really so difficult to change ingame variables,like vertical angle?  ???

PsyWarrior

Greetings,

1 -  There is currently no way to modify the vertical tilt of an object. I won't say that it's completly impossible, as OFP limitations are being constantly broken, but there is no way that I know of to modify the vertical tilt value for a unit. It's possible to get the tilt, of course...

1.1 -  I'm not quite clear what you're referring to here. Are you talking about the way the streetlamp addons 'flicker' like fireplaces?

2 - Good solution.

3 - No idea. I have not seen this addon before. Sorry ::)

-Supreme Commander PsyWarrior
-Psychic Productions Command

Andy JOKER

Thanx 4 your post, PsyWarrior!

1.1 - I'm not quite clear what you're referring to here. Are you talking about the way the streetlamp addons 'flicker' like fireplaces?
oh... excuse for mine French,plz...  ;D
I wanna get the light with short range lighting and without shape "flicker like fireplaces", as you say before...
I have not disassembled in differences between fireplace, and streetlight making yet.

If it is interesting to someone about spotlight - here's some modified by me "IGW_spot_light" addon with example of guard tower.

So, what about using in scripts some "internal p3d data" like proxy:cargo,model,shape etc.? Is it possible? Or it inits while launching OFP and not allowed to be changed inside game anyway?

PsyWarrior

Thanx 4 your post, PsyWarrior!
No probs ;)

1.1, cont - To be honest, I don't really know. My speciality is the mission side stuff (scripting, ext, html, mission editing), and not on the addon editing side.

What I can tell you is that internal p3d data cannot be reffered to in scripting, and is therefore (AFAIK) initialised when the addon is loaded, and thus is not changable in game.

I have not disassembled in differences between fireplace, and streetlight making yet.
Same here. I know that the existing streetlights addons are configured as fireplaces (hence the flicker), but I don't know if it's possible otherwise (since the "inflame" command will only work on fireplace class units).  I don't know if anyone has figured a way around this yet...

-Supr. Cmdr. PsyWarrior
-Psychic Productions