Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How do I get a radio conversation in the game???  (Read 512 times)

basti94

How do I get a radio conversation in the game???
« on: 05 Jul 2004, 10:18:16 »
Hi! I can't figure out how to get two soldiers to talk... :-\ I know that you have to write thesoldiersname sidechat "hello" to get the soldier to say something in the radio. But my problem is to get two soldiers to talk... Because if you write thesoldiersname sidechat "hello"; theothersoldiersname sidechat "Hi"; in the waypoints activation field the whole conversation comes up at once when the waypoint gets activated! ??? So how do I get a 3 seconds long pause there after the first soldier has said "hello"? Can I write the script in the game or do I need to make somekind of .sqs file or?? Please help! :)  I hope someone understood what i want... ;D

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:How do I get a radio conversation in the game???
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jul 2004, 10:22:42 »
This is an easy one with several possible solutions.

The BIS way is to create a gamelogic and give it a bunch of waypoints.    In the activation field each waypoint put one line of the conversation, and also give the waypoint a delay in its timeout field.     You'll need an initial waypoint synched to a trigger to hold the gamelogic back until its time for the conversation.    I pulled together a wee tutorial on gamelogics, its in the Editors Depot under Pending since it only just arrived there.

You can also do it in a script file.    If you're not familiar with scripts read snYpir's Friendly Intro to Code Snippets and Johan Gustafsson's Scripting Guide.    The critical script command to create a delay is ~.   So for example

loon1 sideChat "blah"
~5
loon2 sideChat "moreblah"
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

basti94

Re:How do I get a radio conversation in the game???
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jul 2004, 19:42:31 »
YEEEESS!!! Finally!!! ;D Thank you macguba! ;D