Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: is this Possible  (Read 1399 times)

netta1234

is this Possible
« on: 03 Jul 2004, 21:14:56 »
is it Possible to make a Vehicle with 2 Gunners 1 Driver and then one Commander?

Homefry31464

Re:is this Possible
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jul 2004, 23:06:10 »
Nope, one gunner per vehicle.

GrimMonkey

« Reply #2 on: 04 Jul 2004, 02:24:15 »
There is a script that enables two (possibly more) gunners to operate on the same vehicle. I forget what it is exactly. But I know it's a ship located at OFPNews. But otherwise, only one gunner.

Beware the GrimMonkey

Coldfire

« Reply #3 on: 04 Jul 2004, 02:36:08 »
That script only works if the vehicle in question is flat to the ground. In short, only boats and ships can use it, it wont work with helicopters, tanks, cars, etc.

GrimMonkey

« Reply #4 on: 04 Jul 2004, 02:40:24 »
That script only works if the vehicle in question is flat to the ground. In short, only boats and ships can use it, it wont work with helicopters, tanks, cars, etc.

Better then nothing. And if what you say is true, then tanks and cars will be able to use this as long as they do not try any off-road antics.

Beware the GrimMonkey

Coldfire

« Reply #5 on: 04 Jul 2004, 02:50:41 »
Better then nothing. And if what you say is true, then tanks and cars will be able to use this as long as they do not try any off-road antics.

...Or if they go on any slope of do anything that tilts them in the slightest. The car would tilt but the turret would stay in the exact same place. Besides, what's the point of a tank if you cant go off-road? The whole point of a tank is it's built for fighting on rough terrain!

Some ships have used this script already, like HAWK's Nimmitz Carrier which has multiple AA and SAM  turrets. Mind you, the carrier is basically a static object, it cant move at all.

Dubieman

« Reply #6 on: 06 Jul 2004, 03:49:02 »
I was thinking about something along these lines. Why not make say a blackhawk with the two pilot seats up front taken, to the two door gunners and a crew chief or something. Even if one or more doesn't do anything it might look better than the uh60mg with one pilot.

Cause I always thought helis had a copilot... :P

Jake Trans

« Reply #7 on: 06 Jul 2004, 13:59:01 »
Hi,
from what I know this is possible i'm not a mod builder in any way at all but I remember a while ago a mod group (which has closed down now) had done this I think.  They where working on a WWI tank but modernized and it needed a gunner on both sides and they said that they had got it working.  The tank was never released so you should not be able to get it (another group might of taken it up).

That's my bit anyway

netta1234

« Reply #8 on: 06 Jul 2004, 14:44:10 »
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics4/multi1.jpg

Colonel_Klink  shoud prove its possible ;)
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2004, 14:51:30 by netta1234 »

Coldfire

« Reply #9 on: 07 Jul 2004, 02:17:30 »
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics4/multi1.jpg

Colonel_Klink  shoud prove its possible ;)

You'll notice all those units are BOATS. they are always more or less flat to the water! If you had actually read what I had posted you'll sewe that i mentioned boats are the only units capable of haveing more than one gun position.