Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Empty object detection in trigger  (Read 428 times)

Uldics

Empty object detection in trigger
« on: 22 Jun 2004, 07:54:09 »
I need a trigger to detect, if in its area is standing an empty vehicle or object, for example mine. I am using counttype thislist > 0 in condition. Dont remember the correct form (not at home right now), it works for soldiers, but not for empty vehicles, mines. I have made my trigger activated by anybody, nobody, nothing works. I am moving my trigger (2x2 meters) along a soldier from a script. How do I make my trigger react on a mine?

CrashnBurn

Re:Empty object detection in trigger
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2004, 08:14:37 »
Here's one for empty vehicles. Don't know if it works on "mines" though.

Anybody Present

(("_x in thislist" count [tank1,tank2,tank3,]) < 3)

Uldics

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2004, 08:39:46 »
I have about 100 - 200 mines. Not fun to name them all.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jun 2004, 10:35:20 »
Mines are very funny objects and do not obey all the normal rules of OFP scripting.     If this is a mineclearing script you will have problems clearing the mines once you have detected them, though there are at least two workarounds available for that.     I suspect the odds of you getting away with not naming the mines are very close to zero, and I'll be surprised and delighted if there is any way of detecting them directly with a trigger.

I reckon naming 200 mines would take less than half an hour.

Make a test:  create one mine, named, and see if you can detect that.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Uldics

« Reply #4 on: 22 Jun 2004, 12:44:25 »
Yes, I see, mines are not been detected by triggers, but I got it solved another way, with nearestobject. I have a trigger with 0 area, nobody, condition:

nearestObject [player, "Mine"] distance player < 2

Strange, that Mine is working but not MineMine or MineGeneric as it stands in objectlist in command reference pdf.

Is mine then the only one to make that joke with not been detectable by trigger, or is there any other object same way?