Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Explosive barrels etc  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
Re:Explosive barrels etc
« Reply #15 on: 13 Jun 2004, 12:36:06 »
I don't get it that what I posted doesn't work for you.  I just cut and pasted out of my post and it works, anyway, attached is an example mission that may help you.  Much less complex than eventhandlers

Gooner861

« Reply #16 on: 13 Jun 2004, 14:19:30 »
I'll tell you wot i did Wadmann.

Got all the files and put it into a mission folder. Previewed the game and the error came up. I named the barrels:

b, b_1, b_2, b_3 and b_4. Still nothing happened. My version of OFP is 1.75 i think, mayb that cud b it but i doubt it.

@ Zombie, i as well just copied and pasted ur script straight in2 a mission folder, i'll try again and get back to you.

Thanks  :)

Gooner861

« Reply #17 on: 13 Jun 2004, 14:45:35 »
Oh no no no, soz bout that Zombie it was my stupid fault, it works now, its great just wot i wanted.  ;D

Im still interested though in the other exploding and burning barrel script.

Offline Zombie

• Members
    • USI
« Reply #18 on: 14 Jun 2004, 12:22:25 »
lol, np m8,  glad I could help.  BTW, if you put the barrells close enough, when 1 goes, they will chain reaction and the whole ammo dump will go up, cool effect but quite cpu intensive

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #19 on: 05 Jul 2004, 01:43:51 »
I'm not that good and I may be missing something but what's wrong with just creating a Barrel object and putting the following in its Init field -

@!(alive this); "heat125" camcreate (getpos this)

You then copy the object using CTRL-C and paste it all over your map using CTRL-V.  Bingo, lots of barrels that expolde once they are destroyed.  If the barrels take too much damage then you could simply have them start the game with very very low Health.

I hope that this works.

Roni

Offline Zombie

• Members
    • USI
« Reply #20 on: 05 Jul 2004, 12:31:37 »
haven't tried your solution, the syntax looks ok tho.  The thing is I try to stay away from using @.  It loops very fast and can cause lag.  I like ?!(alive....  in a script, it doesn't lag so much.  Also I am not certain if commands like that will work in the init field.  I know it works in triggers and scripts tho.

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #21 on: 06 Jul 2004, 00:50:51 »
Yes, @ commands will lag - I probably should have asked how many barrels you were planning on having !     :beat:

You can actually run any command from in the Init field - one of my favourite tricks when checking out a new island is to place myself in a single OH-58 starting in the air with setViewDistance 3000 in the Init field.  This really opens up the map and allows a lot more to be seen from the air.

If you don't want to use @ try -

#loop; ? !(alive) this : "heat125" camcreate (getpos this); ~1; goto "loop"

in the Init field.  It does look messy but it should work.

Cheers

Roni

Offline Maddmatt

• Members
« Reply #22 on: 10 Jul 2004, 17:13:42 »
hey!!!

Gooner m8, maddmatt has created an exploding barrel script and it is pretty d**n good... I'll post it 2moz after i ask his permission or ill get him 2 do it... ;D

sim
My script is very easy to use, all it requires is a simple init-field command in each barrel and it will work fine. The barrel will also burn for between 1 and 2 minutes.

I've attached the script here, instructions on how to use it are provided within the script.
« Last Edit: 10 Jul 2004, 17:15:33 by Maddmatt »
http://bushfires.org/
African Conflict Mod
Mission editor and scripter