Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Newbie Question  (Read 603 times)

Bennett

Newbie Question
« on: 08 Jun 2004, 01:05:42 »
While I wouldn't exactly call myself a seasoned veteran of OFP in the single player format (I had it went it came out, then lost interest in computer stuff for a couple of years until recenlty), I'm not too bad.
However- and the point of my post comes in this- I am a total newbie to MP playing, having only had a very slow 56k (that actually runs around 30k max) up until tomorrow where I get 1mbps!!
So I thought, what better a way to use my newfound bandwidth that internet gaming! But since I'm such a late comer to OFP mp, I was wondering what files to download in order to get me into most games? I've got all the BAS files and a bunch of other stuff, but if anyone could give me 'most used' addons and stuff, it'd be much appreciated :)
Thanks a lot. :)

Dubieman

Re:Newbie Question
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jun 2004, 02:08:42 »
Well you can always look towards the mods like the FDF mod, Invasion 44 demo, Sebnam 2, and any other popular one's I'm forgetting.

BAS stuff is good, I'm a 56ker, a good one but most of the time when I go to mp that's powered by gamespy there are a lot of regular games. As long as you get the 1.96 patch your good.

The only other common add on I've seen is the wgl add on and I have no idea what that is. :P

andersgrim

Re:Newbie Question
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jun 2004, 14:53:41 »
I'd say you give it a go, and then list up the "Missing Addons:" errors you get.

Easier then to locate what addons fit your needs ;)