Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tank targets  (Read 1885 times)

simoneldridge

Re:Tank targets
« Reply #15 on: 11 Jun 2004, 00:27:25 »
hi all

thanks for all your help on this subject
it is working now  so all is good ;D

i do have just a couple of small questions though

within the script mac has given me is it possible to change the damage of the shell's????

secondly.. if i wanted to imitate tanks with turrets raised and firing like they are giving artillery support to anothr part of the island ...how can i do this??

Many thanks   once again :)

Wedge

Homefry31464

« Reply #16 on: 11 Jun 2004, 00:30:36 »
You could just raise the height of the invisible objects.

simoneldridge

« Reply #17 on: 11 Jun 2004, 00:54:26 »
tried it.It didnt seem to work

in the target's read me it said that tanks wont fire their sabot's at them.?? ??? :(
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2004, 00:54:56 by W£DGE »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #18 on: 11 Jun 2004, 11:54:41 »
The targets may be falling back to the ground.    You might have to use a setpos loop to keep them in the air.   Alternatively, place them faraway and give the tanks a reveal command.

If sabot doesn't work use heat - it will look better anyway.    Changing the explosion at the other end is possible, but would be hard work.    You'd need to use a nearestobject command to grab the shell as it left the barrel, delete it and then create an explosion where it should have landed.    What do you want bigger bangs for anyway?    Where is the player in all this - what is he actually going to see?
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

simoneldridge

« Reply #19 on: 11 Jun 2004, 12:28:53 »
Hi

To be honest the bigger bang was literally just a question,i just wondered if it could be done.

The other idea's(reveal command + looping) are very good but im afraid once again i have no idea how to implement them.?

Wedge

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #20 on: 11 Jun 2004, 13:41:52 »
Yes you do.   ;)

You know how to make a script work.     You know how to look up the online command reference.     You know how to .... well, err, that's it actually.  If you haven't read snYpir's Friendly Intro to Code Snippets and Johan Gustafsson's Scripting Guide its time you did.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play